Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

4 eyed trouble!

I'm someone who has to wear glasses and have since I was a kid. Contacts are a not go so far and we've spent a lot of money trying to get them to fit. I'm really struggling with how many people keep asking, "Oh so you're going to wear your glasses on the big day?" (they then tilt head and stare). I havent struggled with being 4 eyed since I was in kindgergarten and am now totally self-conscious. I know we're not suppose to compare to the magazines but there are no brides featured with specs. My fiance loves me with glasses but I'm really struggling with how my pictures will work, and how i'll compared to the rest of the brides...any suggestions on how to overcome this blurry worry?

Re: 4 eyed trouble!

• i think you should wear your glasses! my friend struggled with learning to put in her contacts for her wedding. when she got the pictures back she didnt they they looked like "her".
    Photobucket
  • I'm in the exact same situation and have been feeling like you do....it seems like no brides needs glasses!

My photographer actually helped me re-frame my thinking when I told him I am worried about this. He said not to think about all the brides that don't have glases - think about how unique you'll be since you do.

I treated myself to a new pair with great frames that I love and the thinnest anti-reflective frames they could order. Find a pair that really suit you and are classic - treat yourself to them, and then try not to worry!

I really do get how you feel, and sometimes i get nervous knowing I'll be a four-eyed bride.....but ultimately, there is no other option so worrying about it and doubting ourselves doesn't change a thing.

Cool
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~Michelle~
    TTC for 2 years w/ PCOS - Ectopic in April 2012 at 7 weeks; MTX x2
    Check out my blog: Married In A Zoo
    & follow me on Twitter

?wedding planning
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32f861]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • I too will be wearing glasses on my wedding day!  I worried about this at first but I've tried contacts two different times in my life already and failed.  I'm going to keep the glasses, but a few months before the wedding go get a thin metal frame with the anti-reflected lenses.  I hate how you don't see glasses on any bride photos and if so they fall under the classification of "off beat bride."  I hope maybe you, I, and some others can start breaking this supposed taboo of brides. =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have to echo the other ladies and say if you and your fiance love you in your glasses, wear em! Ditto on the making sure they have the anti-glare coating stuff on them.

Are you trying hard contacts or soft contacts? I got my glasses in second grade and had contacts in fourth grade. I've had a couple tough times with them, but for the most part that's what I stick to.

If LASIK wasn't expensive and so incredibly creepy (IMO) I'd do that, but forgive me for not wanting someone to pry my open and laser-cut a slit in it.
    Yuck yuck yuck yuck.
    If LASIK's even a mild option for you, you should talk to one of their representatives just to see if it's a possibility. Not just for your wedding, but you know...for life and convenience in general.
  • hey ladies! first- it's super nice knowing I'm not the only one out there who gets so frustrated. It's funny how I've never questioned my specs until I noticed the lack of them present in fashion! I think it's time to write a letter to the editor ;) Your advice has been really helpful!

I've tried hard contacts and soft and unfortunetly don't qualify for LASIK yet because I also have an autoimmune disease (meaning they won't come anywhere near my eyes!) I really like the idea of getting a special pair for the day! i've always gone bold (I currently have pink!! and love em!)

On an ironic note- during the course of these posts there's been the development that my loving fiance may need his own specs! Not that he's ever said boo about my glasses but it's pretty funny that we could both have them now :)
  • I totally know how you feel. I myself am getting married in 8 months and have been worried about how my glasses will look in all the pics. I was even thinking about just taking off the glasses for the ceremony and photos. I refuse to try contacts ( i have issues sticking stuff in my eyes lol) and i myself also have an autoimmune disease so they wont touch my eyes for surgery. It sucks. Ive only been wearing glasses for 4 years. So im pretty used to them but i hate how i look in photos. Im sure i'll figure something out. Maybe find some rimless glasses or something. Good luck to you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards