Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Double Chin Anxiety (lol)

I'm laughing as I write this because it's so embarassing and I sound so superficial...but has anyone ever had lipo on their "fat pad" under their chin?

It's one of those horrible family traits that runs on my mom's side (seriously, line my mom and her brothers up and me and you can tell we're related haha). And yes I'm overweight and I know that doesn't help it but even when I was a skinny 20 year old I still had a little double chin!

I'm going to see my doctor this week and ask her about it...I first want to see how much it'll cost, risks, healing time, etc.

I wanna look good on my wedding day, and I've seen gals on here who are bigger than me and they don't have a double chin!

Am I crazy?

BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Double Chin Anxiety (lol)

• Options
    No, you are not crazy, i have the same thing. I feel like I have no neck. I wonder if stretching my neck constatnly will help. Or maybe that neck thing on the infomercials. I am overweight, but it is really apparent in my face and neck. I am about a size 10-12 but look bigger from the chest up sometimes. Some friends of mine are the same size as me, or even bigger, and their necks are so much more slender. Find out for me how much surgery costs- I always think about it!
  • Options
    aw well it's true it sometimes it only has to do with the shape of your face/ chin or like if it's a ''weak chin'' & doesn't goes out as far as others, as opposed to because of weight.

my friend is little, not overweight at all. she's prolly a 6 but if you take a pic of just her face you would never guess she was so skinny because of her little chin & cheeks. & it is a family trait in her situation too. 

i see no harm in asking a doctor about it! i have a little chin when i smile but i know it's from my daughter making me look chubby! lol 

• Options
    Nah, you're not crazy.  I truly believe you should do whatever makes you feel happy & comfortable in your own skin. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    a colleague of mine had fat taken out of her chin and put in her cheeks (seriously, lol) because when you get older your cheeks hollow out i guess.  anyway, she just had a bandage around her chin/lower half of her face for about a week, i think.  maybe less.
    Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I went to the doctor but unfortunately she was training a med student so I didn't feel comfortable asking him about it...I totally chickened out haha! I'm going to make another appt. once my doctor returns from vacation as I have some other questions for her as well.
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Look up www.accentyourbody.com
    It's a painless way of tightening up the skin it that area.  I love it.  It works.  And it's much cheaper then going with plastic surgery/lipo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards