Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP)

I picked up my dress today!  It fits amazingly -- it will only need hemming and a bustle (although it might not even need much of a hem, in my excitement I ran out the door without my shoes).  I was having nightmares about the fit because apparently my bust is one size, but my hips are another.  Plus the stupid alterations lady pinched my stomach and told me to lose an inch, so I was really stressed (definitely not going to use her).

The only problem is that now it's in my closet and I can't stand it.  I want to wear it around the apartment.  Thank goodness I move into a dorm at SMU next week and won't be back home until August.  =)

PS: In the background is my consultant, Maggie.  If you go to Mockingbird Bridal, request her! She is OUTSTANDING.
Anniversary

Re: AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You look AMAZING in that!  It fits perfect!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is GORGEOUS!!!!  Love that dress on you.

Wait...moving into a dorm at SMU?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-certainly-cannot-wait-until-thursday-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f69b7426-f088-4721-9cdc-28733c876f04Post:d6cadd55-3687-49d3-80d2-80614f8784a1">Re: AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is GORGEOUS!!!!  Love that dress on you. <strong>Wait...moving into a dorm at SMU?
    </strong>Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

I'm hall director for a camp that goes on in July.  Basically I get to oversee nine college students and 81 8th-, 9th-, and 10th-graders.  =)

Also, thanks girls.  :x
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-certainly-cannot-wait-until-thursday-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f69b7426-f088-4721-9cdc-28733c876f04Post:25fc70b8-887d-435e-a25a-a5058c9b6fe5">Re: AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP) : I'm hall director for a camp that goes on in July.  Basically I get to oversee nine college students and 81 8th-, 9th-, and 10th-graders.  =) Also, thanks girls.  :x
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Ah, so you're basically an RA for the month.  I was an RA and TTU and loved it!  That's really neat you get to do that. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-certainly-cannot-wait-until-thursday-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f69b7426-f088-4721-9cdc-28733c876f04Post:d8fc607d-613f-4102-be4c-ddef86c094c4">Re: AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP) : Ah, so you're basically an RA for the month.  I was an RA and TTU and loved it!  That's really neat you get to do that. :)
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

The college students are the RAs.  I am the boss (read: medicine distributor and bad cop if someone does something bad).  :p
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-certainly-cannot-wait-until-thursday-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f69b7426-f088-4721-9cdc-28733c876f04Post:9cc55f1a-1e48-4762-bf4c-ac575cddb89a">Re: AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP) : The college students are the RAs.  I am the boss (read: medicine distributor and bad cop if someone does something bad).  :p
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Even better! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks GORGEOUS on you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  You look amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     AMAZING! Fits you like a queen! I really like the scalloped edging on the bottom of your dress!
  • Options
    lauram3177lauram3177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That dress is beautiful and fits you perfectly!!!! And I dont see where you need to lose any inches!!! You look great!!
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the way the lace layers. That dress suites you beutifully, like it was made for you. :)
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful! What was the lady thinking when she said you need to lose an inch? Just stunning!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look amazing!  Beautiful dress!
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely gorgeous! Someone needs to tell that alterations lady she's an idiot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks great on you!  Beautiful dress!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo, it's gorgeous!!! I feel your pain with wanting to wear the dress all the time now that you have it!!
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous dress!
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! You look amazing!
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-certainly-cannot-wait-until-thursday-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f69b7426-f088-4721-9cdc-28733c876f04Post:c7995386-5433-4ace-89f8-826c7a44c46a">AW that certainly cannot wait until Thursday (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I picked up my dress today!  It fits amazingly -- it will only need hemming and a bustle (although it might not even need much of a hem, in my excitement I ran out the door without my shoes).  I was having nightmares about the fit because apparently my bust is one size, but my hips are another.  <strong>Plus the stupid alterations lady pinched my stomach and told me to lose an inch, so I was really stressed (definitely not going to use her).</strong> Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

If i was there....i would have slapped her.

I love it :) it's gorgeous and looks beautiful on you! :)
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011

Wow! It's beautiful :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards