Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Those of you with Clarisonics...

I got the Clarisonic Plus for Christmas and so far I love it. I am breaking out some but from what I understand that is normal since it is getting out a lot of the crud that was stuck for sometime.

My question is- how do you keep the brush heads clean in between uses? I am rinsing them off but it seems there is still a lot of cleanser still in there afterwards. Do you have a special way of storing so that they "drip dry" or whatever? I know you are supposed to change the heads every 3 months, but at this rate I don't know if I feel comfortable using one that long.

Also- I have been using it in the morning and at night. Is that overdoing it? Should I pick one or the other?

Has anyone used the Opal for the eye area? I am intrigued and could use some reviews. I have an Ulta gift card burning a hole in my wallet.

Thanks girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Those of you with Clarisonics...

• I take the brush heads off and rinse them after use.  I also wash them every night with a bit of regular soap and let them air dry on a small towel.  I found leaving them on made them gross even after  throrough washing.   As for using it 2x a day, as long as you are using the sensitive, or delicate skin brush heads I think you might be okay.  Just be sure to moderate the pressure as you brush on your skin.  As of the Opal I have nothing for you there but best of luck on your clarisonic adventure!  I got one as a xmas gift a few years back and its been awesome!
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • I have a knock of clarisonic, and i take the brush off, rinse it and leave it off the handle and it seems dry and clean by the morning.

My old roomate used to take it and PUT IT BACK IN THE CASE so when i went to use it, it was still all damp and gross.  drove me mad.
  • No help on the Opal,   I use a little bit of face cleaner on the brush after I'm done and just wash it off in my hands then take off my brush head.  I didn't before and when I switched the heads after 3 months there was mold growing under the brush head (BARF!) 
  • Thank you all for your input. After a few suggestions I started washing the brush head every night (apart from the handle) and rinsing and drying on a towel. Seems to be working, but I sure hope I dont end up with mold like you murphanzo... gross.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I leave it on its side overnight and it's perfectly dry by morning.  I only use it at night because I have really sensitive skin, but if your face responds fine to 2x a day, you're good to go.
  • I work as a Dermatology PA and I love my Mia!  THe Opal is neat, but usually geared towards the aging eye area (we sold it to the more "matronly" clients in addition to thick eye creams). 

I agree with the rinse and removal of the brush heads daily/after each use.

I know I'm late in reading your original post, but I do have to add that I tell my patients to start off using the Clarisonic once a day only and then go up to twice a day after a few weeks.  Sometimes starting 2x/a day is too harsh for the face and makes you break out and prevents proper healing.  I apply my face wash directly to my skin after I first splash water on the face.  Then I use the Clarisonic.  

Hope this helps!  
  • Where could I find the knock off version ? Clarisonics are expensive! Do they really work? What kind of results can I expect to see? I have combination skin. I don't have bad acne but it seems to be getting worse instead of better :( hoping maybe this is the answer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards