Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Best steps for clear skin

I have average skin, sometimes clear sometimes awful. Does anyone have any recomendations on how to keep your skin clear? I know there's all sorts of masks peels cleaners etc and I just dont know what will really help. And what type of makeup would you recomend on the big day to keep good coverage all day?

Re: Best steps for clear skin

• Options
    I really like Peter Thomas Roth products(Max Correction Complexion Pads and Acne clearing gel). They are not the cheapest products on the market, but my wedding is in less than two months and they are helping with my breakouts and oily skin. 
    I have bought them from Sephora. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I've had really good results with Origins stuff. You can go to their booth/counter or whatever at the store and they'll do a facial and recommend stuff based on your skin. They have a whole line of things for various skin types, so I like using their charcol masks, but my mom prefers their mushroom line (I swear, it's more sophisticated than that, I just can't remember the name). 

My #1 advice is to drink a ton of water. Water all the time. My skin is 100% better when I drink lots of water. I also get bad breakouts when my face drys out so I actually don't wash it more than once a day and keep it moisturized. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Step 1: Finding out your skin type and conditions
    Step 2: Choose products according to your skin type and conditions
    Step 3: Apply products chosen for your skin type and conditions at least twice a day
    Step 4: Never sleep in make up
    Step 5: Drink lots and lots of water half your body weight in ounces (recommended)

FYI: Pimples are pustles of debris and excess oil, if you do not moisturize your skin you will produce excess oil causing breakouts.

www.labelleartiste.com she will perform a bridal consultation for free and let you know what make up would be best suited for skin type and conditions.
  • Options
    Make an appt. with a dermatologist. They will be able to prescribe you something to help with your skin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've suffered bad ance for ages. I'm working really hard on clearing mine up with great results. I'm eating a lot of fruit and veg and just using a cheap cleanser and moisturiser.
  • Options
    If you don't have one already, create a daily skincare routine that you keep consistent. It helped my skin the best to get into the habit of using makeup remover -> cleanser (with Clarisonic Mia! One of my favorite products) -> toner -> mask (use clay for oily skin and sheet mask for dry skin) -> serum -> eye cream & night cream every night. I use mostly Korean products because Koreans are obsessed with having good skin! Tongue Out Sephora sells Korean brands like Amorepacific and Dr. Jart that are very popular.

There is also a product called BB Cream which works like a tinted moisturizer except perhaps more coverage. I use that as a daily alternative to foundation because it doesn't clog pores and even heals imperfections over time. It may seem weird using it at first, but me and my girl friends swear by it.

For makeup, Dior, Chanel and Make Up Forever make amazing foundations that last forever. To seal everything in, you can apply transleuscent powder as a final step (I LOVE Tarte's Amazonian Clay powder -- it's all-natural and is mattifying, which makes your skin look great in photos).

Hope this helps! I know it was really wordy X_x
  • Options
    Kimcheekim, thanks for the info! I'm working on my regimin for my wedding right now and I swear by the Clairsonic Mia (also my favorite thing right now!)

I'll have to look into the brands you suggested. I've wanted to try the Tarte's amazonian clay powder so this is a great excuse!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards