Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Not judging, but...

A boob job just for the wedding? Really? Why? On the other side of the coin though, why not?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not judging, but...

• Options
    Im all for a boob job if I had the extra money..not for my wedding because I would rather use the money for a boob job for my wedding. However, if I did have the extra money laying around I def get one.
  • Options
    Each to their own.  If you were planning to get one anyways, might as well do it for the wedding.
  • Options
    In my opinion, I wanted to look like ME on our wedding day. I didn't really get a tan, because I never have a tan. I just wanted to look like me on a good day. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_not-judging-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:d92bb4ce-c28f-45cd-be61-249cc9fe5fd0Post:524de038-7a2d-4abb-9829-176cb6b892e6">Re: Not judging, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my opinion, I wanted to look like ME on our wedding day. I didn't really get a tan, because I never have a tan. I just wanted to look like me on a good day. :)
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I agree with you! I want to look like ME on my wedding day. Which is my reason for not getting a make up artist. I'm pretty good at doing my own make-up and I've heard pretty horrendous stories about Make-Up Artists making people look ridiculous. It just doesnt make sense to hire a make-up artist at the price they run, to make me up to look like me. I can do that on my own and do it fairly well! </div><div>
    </div><div>I dont know why you'd get a boob job for the wedding, on the other hand, I dont know why you'd get a boob job to begin with, not my style. haha</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Cwagg...
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    I saw a say yes to the dress episode where a girl did it, then had a heck of a time trying to find anything to fit her! She was a small girl but had D cups installed!! Then I just recently discovered one of my coworkers had it dond before her wedding...I just don't get it. Their FI's were happy enough with them before, why change??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_not-judging-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:d92bb4ce-c28f-45cd-be61-249cc9fe5fd0Post:524de038-7a2d-4abb-9829-176cb6b892e6">Re: Not judging, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my opinion, I wanted to look like ME on our wedding day. I didn't really get a tan, because I never have a tan. I just wanted to look like me on a good day. :)
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

I agree on the looking like me sentiment, just a little more glamourous! I think a makeup artist is fine as long as you make sure you are happy with the results and they reflect you the way you want to look on your day.  Tanning is something I also won't do for my day b/c I am normally fair and don't normally tan so I won't succumb to peer pressure! LoL It's just b/c it isn't me.  Surgery is huge, and sometimes it is a bigger self esteem issue.  We all have our insecurities but I personally wouldn't go the surgery route, esp just for one day! Little do some people know, you have to update breast implants every 10 years or so also.  Though, this does go to show how much pressure is put on women to look "perfect" like a movie star for their wedding.  I'm feelilng it now but I wont succumb to it all either.  Remember your fiance proposed to you as you are so he already accepts/loves you as you are.  Hopefully you accept yourself too. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_not-judging-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:d92bb4ce-c28f-45cd-be61-249cc9fe5fd0Post:26c979e1-0373-4aa9-a6a5-9efde16cfcf6">Not judging, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]A boob job just for the wedding? Really? Why? On the other side of the coin though, why not?
    Posted by icefog34[/QUOTE]
    <p class="MsoNormal">I will eventually have a breast reduction by the time I’m 35. I will have surgery for myself not for DH, I am a natural 36F and while they’re still descent now, I know they’ll need some help in a few years. If I wasn’t happy with the way they’d look for my wedding, I would definitely change them. <span> </span></p>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_not-judging-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:d92bb4ce-c28f-45cd-be61-249cc9fe5fd0Post:41368276-1577-4767-b9e1-4f5390edfeae">Re: Not judging, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Not judging, but... : I will eventually have a breast reduction by the time I’m 35. I will have surgery for myself not for DH, I am a natural 36F and while they’re still descent now, I know they’ll need some help in a few years. If I wasn’t happy with the way they’d look for my wedding, I would definitely change them.  
    Posted by mcda04[/QUOTE]

Breast reduction to me is a different thing though--usually women do it for their backs/health and overall comfort.  An enlargement is purely cosmetic for the most part, but if it is making a person that unhappy with their appearance that it consumes them, I can see it being worth it sometimes. 
  • Options
    I want it done anyways. I wouldn't do it just for a wedding. The right bra and inserts can make you look great.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_not-judging-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:d92bb4ce-c28f-45cd-be61-249cc9fe5fd0Post:5bc266c0-c16b-4901-8dda-6de5cb2389dc">Re: Not judging, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not judging, but... : Breast reduction to me is a different thing though--usually women do it for their backs/health and overall comfort.  An enlargement is purely cosmetic for the most part, but if it is making a person that unhappy with their appearance that it consumes them, I can see it being worth it sometimes. 
    Posted by KristenMarie163[/QUOTE]

Actually, MY reduction is only for cosmetic purposes. i don't have back pain or discomfort, i just don't like them. If i was older, I would've definitely had them done by my wedding.
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_not-judging-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:d92bb4ce-c28f-45cd-be61-249cc9fe5fd0Post:e1391ba5-95a0-4272-b799-b59f968fb728">Re: Not judging, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw a say yes to the dress episode where a girl did it, then had a heck of a time trying to find anything to fit her! She was a small girl but had D cups installed!! Then I just recently discovered one of my coworkers had it dond before her wedding...I just don't get it. <strong>Their FI's were happy enough with them before, why change??</strong>
    Posted by icefog34[/QUOTE]

<div>I have considered implants.  I am very small and very self conscious about it.  I always wear padded bras.  My boobs just don't go with the rest of my body.  My H loves me for me and if I do eventually decide to get implants, it will have absolutely nothing to do with him (or how anyone else perceives me).  I would like implants so I look better to ME.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards