Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Facial

I've never had one done. What do they actually do to your skin. I have a few breakouts here and there but since using the Mia, it's much better. I'm 7 weeks out, should I schedule one? And when?
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Facial

• Options
    I just had my first one this evening, and although I haven't had the full experience, my skin is super soft right now.  The lady that did mine said that in a week or so, the new layer of skin will be much softer and more even.  I'm going back for another one in 2 weeks.  Then, I'll just do maintenance.

If you are going to get one, try to go as soon as possible.  I've heard that you can have a minor breakout or even have a reaction, so you want to have enough time for your skin to bounce back if something like that happens.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PP is right. You should do one as soon as you get in. The facials bring up anything that's under your skin (bacteria, etc) so it could cause you to breakout. Our facials where I work (Massage Envy), the esthetician (who does the facials) will cleanse twice (you can wear makeup in if you want, she takes it off), then there's treatment, toning, maybe a mask, then moisturizing. It's all kind of what you would do at home, but caterered to your skin's needs and it's all really potent stuff. Don't put makeup back on right after your facial. It won't hurt you or anything, but it's really best to let the skin breathe and not obstruct everything that was just opened and cleansed.

PP was also right about trying it out and then doing another in 2-3 weeks if possible then doing maintenance. That way you get a good cleanse then are on a maintenance for your skin. I LOVE facials. They are so relaxing and your skin feels SO good afterwards. =)
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I enjoy facials.  I agree, go as soon as possible.  I always break out after mine (which is why I don't get them very often!).  I have been broken out for as long as a week after a facial.  I also do not wear makeup for at least 24 hours.

Maybe if I got them regularly, I wouldn't break out as much but since I do, I never get them often enough to find out.
  • Options
    What everyone else said but I'll add - tell them you do NOT want extractions.  If you're prone to breakouts you will be a mess if you get them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_facial-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:da9ad823-7202-42ab-a5ef-085c55953db8Post:7d642da1-83af-4256-9f7f-dd23230c3dca">Re: Facial</a>:
    [QUOTE]What everyone else said but I'll add - tell them you do NOT want extractions.  If you're prone to breakouts you will be a mess if you get them.
    Posted by ceh789[/QUOTE]
    Actually, it was the opposite for me. Most of my blemishes were gone the next morning after the extractions. Other than that, I really didn't feel a difference. My skin is already pretty good. Just a few random moments of hormonal acne. It was super relaxing, but I didn't really feel a huge difference in my skin. 
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Thanks for your input ladies! Do you also suggest only going to the same salon to get them done? I have a spa day booked at the end of April but the place is 45 min away so I was thinking of going to a salon closer to me for my first one. If they use different products will that be a huge issue?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_facial-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:da9ad823-7202-42ab-a5ef-085c55953db8Post:21d4fb26-c69e-4233-943a-6e6bd2a6aac8">Re:Facial</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your input ladies! Do you also suggest only going to the same salon to get them done? I have a spa day booked at the end of April but the place is 45 min away so I was thinking of going to a salon closer to me for my first one. If they use different products will that be a huge issue?
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

<div>I haven't heard anything bad about going to a different place. Just be sure to ask your first esthetician what she did so you can relay that to the second one. =)</div>
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards