Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Rec your lipbalm

My lips are dry and crackly - I've always been a carmex girl, but thought I might try something different for a change. Any recs for great lip balm out there?

Re: Rec your lipbalm

• Options
    ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    I love Mary Kay's Satin Lips - I also (this might be TMI...) brush my lips with my toothbrush for a couple seconds after doing my teeth to exfoliate them a bit.

I find I get the best results when I use a variety of lip balms so I lkeep them everywhere and slap on whatever's close - a few of my favorites are both Neosporin products out right now (one is in a tube, one in a tub), Aquaphor (the plain lotion, not the lip product) Savex (only available regionally and online) and Aveda's Lip Saver (kinda $$).

I'm somewhat obsessed with lip balm because when my lips get dry/flaky I pick them until they bleed and boy isn't that a lovely sight :)
  • Options
    I use Nivea 
  • Options
    Honestly I love carmex. It is something I always have to have in my purse and on my nightstand.

I use carmex once a day at night right before I go to sleep (it keeps my lips moist all night and well into the next morning), then during the day I like to use blistex Silk & Shine whenever my lips are feeling a little dry. If my lips are starting to really dry out or get cracked I will use carmex in that instance as well.

Carmex isn't something I think you should be over-applying, so I agree with a PP that variety is a good idea.
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I normally use Burt's Bees, but someone on here recently recommended the MAC lip conditioner and I bought it.  I love it!  I also started using Vaseline overnight (also per some recommendations on here).  I had been using Aquaphor, but didn't really notice much of difference.  The Vaseline definitely helps.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Grits8812Grits8812 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I use Carmex or ChickenPoop.  Don't let the name get you, it works really good.  You can get it at Walgreens.
  • Options
    Softlips!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is no joke the best I have ever used and I have used plenty. I get it at Walgreens and it's under $2.

• Options
    I second anything from burts bees and also Mark Kay satin lips is nice :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards