Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Spray Tan Feedback

I've seen several posts from people asking if spray tan is worth it or not. I got married last weekend and thought I would share my experience.

First I did go about 2 months prior to my wedding to the place to try it out to make sure I wouldn't turn orange. This way if the color was weird I had plenty of time for it to wear off prior to the wedding.

Due to our schedules the week of our wedding I went on Wednesday night for my Saturday wedding. They suggested never do it on day of rehearsal because you're likely to sweat & the dye will run & ruin the results.

Tan held up great & I was happy with results. I did a lighter shade, just enough to hide my tan lines but not look like I just came from a tropical vacation since I am fair skinned & it was a November wedding.

Here are the con's

I danced the night away at my reception, which meant that I also sweated. Due to dancing and sweating where my dress rubbed on my body (the top of my dress and the waist band of my slip) the color came off & onto my clothes. The slip I can put in the washing machine & line dry. The dress, well it will have to be dry cleaned. The color wasn't noticeable until I took the dress off. Not sure if the fact that my dress was champagne instead of white or light ivory helped make it less noticeable.

I have no regrets about getting a spray tan, but just wanted to share my experience so that if you are thinking about doing it and planning on dancing at your wedding you'll know the possible outcome so you know that you'll need to get the dress cleaned afterwards.

Re: Spray Tan Feedback

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards