Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Cheap vs. Expensive Make-up Trial (PIP)

Covergirl Eyeshadow                          
Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara

Covergirl Perfect Blend Eyeliner (Used for both eyes)

LORAC Eyeshadow and Eyeshadow Primer
Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara by Tarte

BEFORE: (excuse the grossness haha)

AFTER:

Covergirl/Maybelline Eye:

LORAC/Tarte Eye:

My verdict....I like the mascara, it feels like it gives me liength, fullness and color, but the eyeshadow I don't think you can tell the difference.

What do you think?

I was going to take the expensive makeup back at this point but I tried the darker shades and really liked the smokey eye...so I will be keeping the expensive makeup :)

Re: Cheap vs. Expensive Make-up Trial (PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the expensive makeup too........
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto :) i like the smokey on you
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the smokey eye too!

Did you use the eye primer?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Which one lasted longer?  That's always my issue. 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to Sephora yesterday and they have a Lorac eyeshadow/blush case thing for $56.  Is it good stuff?  I need new colors sooo badly and this seemed like a pretty cheap way to get some.

I love the last one!

• Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_cheap-vs-expensive-up-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f8008472-75ab-404b-ab75-dc6622e2dd0bPost:60d17f2f-5156-41b7-8b05-5bf045903e74">Re: Cheap vs. Expensive Make-up Trial (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which one lasted longer?  That's always my issue. 
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure because I just tested them out last night (wore them for 30 mins before taking a shower) But I have always used cover girl and it lasts about 2 hrs fresh looking and about 4 hrs total. I will say that when I was trying to take the makeup off before I got in the shower (with just water and a rag b/c I couldn't find my makeup remover) the cover girl came off fairly easy but the LORAC was really hard to get off....so I would assume that means it would last a while :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_cheap-vs-expensive-up-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f8008472-75ab-404b-ab75-dc6622e2dd0bPost:e2e293e2-874c-4a7e-ac9d-c2fb12296173">Re: Cheap vs. Expensive Make-up Trial (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to Sephora yesterday and they have a Lorac eyeshadow/blush case thing for $56.  Is it good stuff?  I need new colors sooo badly and this seemed like a pretty cheap way to get some. I love the last one!
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I like the flat colors only (which is what the smokey eye was)....BUUUTTT if you see sparkle RUN. The eyeshadow in my set that had sparkles made me feel like a drag queen haha. But Im not big on glittery makeup so maybe Im biased :)
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I ended up buying one online--it's the Sephora brand and it was only $30.  So I'll try it and see what I think.

My sister has been wearing a lot of glitter eyeshadow lately.  I can't decide if I like it or not.  I'm probably too old.
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_cheap-vs-expensive-up-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f8008472-75ab-404b-ab75-dc6622e2dd0bPost:313320be-ef4e-41cb-bda2-43f742b31b98">Re: Cheap vs. Expensive Make-up Trial (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I ended up buying one online--it's the Sephora brand and it was only $30.  So I'll try it and see what I think. My sister has been wearing a lot of glitter eyeshadow lately.  I can't decide if I like it or not. <strong> I'm probably too old.
    </strong>Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

My mom is 46 and she told me that once you get over 40 you can't wear eyeshadow with glitter because it settles in your wrinkles and shows every little crease......BUUUTTT I can guarentee you look like your in your late 20's so I think you could still get away with it :)
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that the size of glitter you wear is inverse of your age. So, in your teens you can get away with big chunky flecks of glitter, and as you age, you should head more and more towards shimmer. I still wear glitter when going out, but it's not big flecks anymore. I do use slightly shimmery eyeshadows for day, I just think it's more flattering.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards