Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Stylist Advice

Ok so I had a small civil ceremony a month ago and I thought it would be a good excuse to try out a hair style and makeup look before the wedding because no salons in my area offer trial runs with their updos and makeup. It didn't look bad but it looked nothing like the picture i showed the stylist. I'm not unreasonable I know you can do all things with all hair types, but she didn't even ask if i wanted anything different it just came out looking completely wrong. Then the makeup was something I could have done at home, nothing special. The lipstick didn't even last till I got out of the salon!! My question is how do I avoid this on my huge wedding day? Should I just pony up for two updos or just risk it again?

Re: Stylist Advice

• Post this on the Houston local board by clicking on the "Local Wedding Boards" link on the left.  They are a great group.  They should be able to give you some good advice on some salons in your area.  Also, if it's in your budget, I would consider a true wedding makeup artist (MUA) who also does wedding hair rather than just a hair salon.  Again, the Houston Knotties should be able to help steer you in the right direction.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards