Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Roof top ceremony downtown Dallas

I am still looking for a place for our ceremony for our Nov wedding.  I wanted a church but since we are getting married on a Sunday we arent having much luck with that. ( although I am looking into Piazza in the village- just hate how far away it is from downtown) Our reception is at the Adolphus Hotel so I would love to stay close..  StephanieHall gave me a great idea of having the ceremony on the roof top of a building downtown, since that was where he proposed.  I really love that idea, if I cant find a church.  However, where we actually got engaged wouldnt work, they hardly let us up there.  So does anyone know any venues downtown with rooftop access that might work for a ceremony?  Just want to get some ideas..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Roof top ceremony downtown Dallas

• edited December 2011
    I think a couple that had their reception at the Magnolia got married on top of the Mercantile building. I will see if I can find their photos...

ETA That was easy: http://gulnarablog.com/2009/10/01/bethanymatt-magnolia-hotel-dallas-tx/
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know the Joule has a rooftop pool deck.  That would be close.

It's not a rooftop but the Crow Collection of Asian Art is cool for a ceremony also  (after 6:00 though).

2616 Commerce is an option although probably not the look you are going for.  Personally, I love what Wendi posted!

• edited December 2011
    I do like the Crow Collection too. The coordinator there is super sweet.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I love that!! Yes that is for the look I am going for, its nice enough to still be a formal affair.. Okay I am looking into this more. Thanks so much!! yay
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My friend got married on the rooftop of her loft. I believe it is 2220 Canton St. There is a pool and great view of downtown Dallas.
    baby joel 5.22.11
  • edited December 2011
    @jaberjamie ... I was wondering if you found out any information on the Mercantile Building (Pricing/Capacity)? I just viewed the pictures that FebDallasBride posted the link for... AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards