Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Father/daughter dance- How long should it be?

How long  should the father/daughter song for the dance be. I don't want it to be "blink and you miss it" or "really? They're still going?!"

So for those of you doing it or even those who aren't- how long seems like a acceptable amount of time for a dance.

Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Father/daughter dance- How long should it be?

• Options
    We did our father/daughter and mother/son dance at the same time.  We spotlight danced for about half the song (maybe 1:30) and then the remaining half, we invited the rest of our guests to the dance floor.  We did it that way because my MIL was uncomfortable with the idea of being in the 'spotlight'.

Even if you do individual dances, I'd say keep it under 2 minutes each.  There's an awful lot of spotlight dances during weddings and people can lose attention easily if they are too long.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My FI is doing 1:30 for him & his mom. I'm doing 2:30 for me & my dad because I'm having my mom join us in the second half. 
  • Options
    I voted 2-3 minutes. You don't want the dance to bee too short but you don't want it to be too long either. I think 2-3 minutes is perfect.
  • Options
    Shorter than mine. Mine was 4:02 and even I was bored and uncomfortable by the last minute. I am sure the guests were ready to fall asleep.
  • Options
    My dad and I chose a song that was about 4 minutes.  After the first minute or so, the DJ called up all the other fathers and daughters to dance (something we prearranged with him).  We got some great photos of our guests - my FIL with my SILs, my mom and grandpa, my BIL with his daughter, my aunts with my paternal grandfather - and got people up and dancing.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Thank you everyone. Now does anyone know where I might be able to find a list of songs.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards