Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

XP small wedding reception questions

Our wedding is going to start at 3pm with "cutting of the cake to follow" is what I put on the invitations. we are doing a very small reception at our church that will include cutting the cake, having our first dance and trying to chat with as many guests as possible. I have two questions, 1.Is there something else we should include durring the reception? I don't want guests to get the impression that we are being rude, we just preffered something more short and simple. and 2. what could I have to keep the guests busy while the family is taking pictures? they can't cut the cake without us. Thanks!!!

Re: XP small wedding reception questions

• For future reference, when you post the same question on different boards it's polite to put XP (cross post) before the title.

• If your guests are going to be waiting for a while before you arrive it would be nice to have beverages already out as well as something like a veggie platter or a cheese and cracker platter (either is inexpensive). You can also have a guest book out for people to sign.

Additional activities you could do once you get there would bouquet toss, garter toss, father daughter dance, and a couples dances (where all the married couples come out and the oldest couple is honored).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards