Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Cake, Reception Venue and other questions

Ok! It has been over 2 years since my wedding.   My husband and I are in the wedding party of a wedding in December (they just got engaged last week, so its a short-planning time wedding). 
They are having the wedding at their church, but they want the reception somewhere else.  The wedding is in Forney, and they want a reception venue within 25 miles (I'm assuming).  They have 5k to spend on the total wedding (1450 is already taken away for photography).  Im thinking if they do an afternoon wedding, they can have finger foods and not spend a lot on catering and alcohol.  (It would be a shorter reception).  What do you recommend?
As far as cakes, who do you recommend that is a budget-friendly baker.  They know a florist, so flowers are going to be realitively inexpensive.

TIA!!

Re: Cake, Reception Venue and other questions

• edited December 2011

For cakes, try supermarkets. You would have to ask, but I know Market Street does wedding cakes. Also, I read somewhere for budgets, it suggested Wal Mart. Honestly, they have REALLY GOOD cakes!!! I'm sure they can do them there a lot cheaper then any bakery!

Reception hall...maybe a small town community/activity center. I know Colleyville, they have a little community center that holds receptions. I'm not sure about cities close to Forney...maybe Mesquite has one.

• JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Mesquite and worked at one of the rec centers, so I am familiar with those.  None of them have a place that would be big enough.  Ill check out Colleyville though, thanks!!

About the cakes.  I will let her know about those. Excellent ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    Jess, I remember Texas Star Bakery was the budget cake place and I always thought their cakes were rather yummy. This was 6 years ago when I was planning my own wedding so things my have changed a little bit :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hey my siggie came back! YAY!!!
    edited December 2011
    Haha! Love it!  Thanks for the rec, Lynn.  I told her about them, so we'll see if they are in her price range.  :)
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For cakes I would try Jay&Marissa's vendor Tabatha Ballard she is like $1.50 a slice!!!

I live in Forney and Im not to sure where there is anything really close. What about the Rockwall Wedding Chapel, Hilton Bella Harbor, there is a really nice brand new Best Western in Forney....
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Rockwall wedding chapel. ;)  I'll look into the Best Western and Harbor. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Try The Cake Guys - Sweet Inspiration packages. They are really yummy and super budget friendly :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards