Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Bridesmaids/MOH Dresses?

I have heard a couple of different ways of doing the colors of the bridal and groom parties. My wedding dress has a splash of color on it.One idea I've heard is that all members would wear the same color as each other. Another is that the MOH would wear the same color that's in my dress, while the Bestman's tux accessories would be the same, while other party members would be in the other color.Any opinions?

Re: Bridesmaids/MOH Dresses?

• Options
    It really doesn't matter all that much.  In my wedding the BMs and MOH all wore black and the GMS and best man wore black tuxes, white shirts, the accents were in burgundy.
  • Options
    Typically, the MOH and the BMs all wear the same color.  Of course, that is not a requirement.  They can wear all different colors, they can have an option of two different colors, they can wear different shades of the same color, or the BMs can wear one color and the MOH in an accent color.  Look at pictures and get an idea of what sort of color scheme you want for the colors you have in mind.
  • Options
    I think I am in the minority here, but we let the bridal party pick out whatever they wanted. The best man is wearing a black tux with brown vest/tie, and a bridesmaid is wearing a brown dress. a groomsman is wearing a black tux with latte vest/tie, and another bridesmaid is in latter. My MOH is wearing champagne...and yes, these were all picked out by them, not us.i always thought wedding parties that are mischy-matchy were a little much (even more so when the girls are in pink and the guys have the same shade pink vests/ties) or some other out-there color (like teal or lavender).  It makes you wonder about the poor guys being forced into wearing bizarre colors, and which girl looks best in the same style dress. These people have their own styles and complexions. They are probably paying for their own attire. Let them wear whatever they want - within reason, obviously. I'd be the first to veto a neon yellow midriff top with leather miniskirt, or a guy in cuttoffs and a band tshirt. unless it was a really cool band ;-) )
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    I am also letting my wedding party pick out their dresses, but I only have three attendants too! My future sisters-in-law and my best friend as my MOH. I only have two requirements - that the dresses be either dark green, black, burgandy(maybe) or silver; and that the dresses be floor length. This way they have a variety to choose from, but they will still GO with the rest of the wedding. Plus, if the bridesmaids look like they do not quite "match" enough, we can always add accessories to unify them.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards