Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

guest allowed guests?

are u supposed to allow your guests to bring guests....what if you just want family and some friends...and its a wedding of 150?

Re: guest allowed guests?

• Guests who are married, engaged or in a serious/long term relationship are all part of a social unit you must invite their significant other. You should give your wedding party the option of a guest. You have more discretion with your other guests, but I would think of the logistics to make your guests comfortable. If only one person in a group of friends is single and everyone else has their serious SO, how comfortable will he/she be when everyone else is paired up? Also, some guests probably won't know a lot of other people there so you want to give them the option of someone to talk to and dance with. You can make some exceptions, but you generally want to be consistent so people don't get annoyed.
  • most of the guests are married or in serious relationships...i am definetly inviting significant others....not many single guests.....and both i and the groom have big families....thanks on the thoughts ..
  • Etiquette requires that you invite s/o's.  Single guests are up to you.  If they have to travel or don't know many people, it's a good idea to extend the invite.  The size of your wedding is irrelevant to this.
  • We had a wedding of 150. Anyone who was married, engaged, or who was dating someone seriously got to bring their s/o. That ended up being most people on our list. There were a few invited without guests (like teen cousins, etc).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards