Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Bride & Groom Sendoff

This is probably a stupid question, but I don't know much about wedding planning! lol When all of your guests blow bubbles, or throw birdseed or whatever, do you do that when the bride and groom come out of the church or wherever the ceremony is or do you do that when they leave the reception? I've always been a little confused on that part...sorry i'm clueless! lol

Re: Bride & Groom Sendoff

• Options
    We didn't do anything.  A send-off (for the ceremony or reception or both) is not required.  We stayed until the end and then left on the shuttle with our friends.
  • Options
    I have seen it done at both.  It comes down to matter of preference and logistics.  If you are doing pictures after the ceremony at the church, to do the send off there means asking your guests to wait until you're done w/ pics or your getaway car drives around the block and you go back to the church for pics, while your guests head to the reception.I have also seen it done at the reception, where shortly before the bride and groom's time slot at the venue were up they had everyone gather outside and give the bride and groom a send off....which also helped clear the place out on time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've also seen it done at both. And like the PP mentioned, if you have them wait to do it after the reception, that'll give you time to do picture after your ceremony instead.One word of caution if you plan on doing it after the reception: some of the older relatives attending may leave early, so they'll miss your send-off. Also keep in mind people leaving early for kids, to catch flights, etc. Just weigh the pros & cons of doing each and see what suits you best.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In my area, it's typically done after the reception.  We did sparklers, so that was really the only option.  It wouldn't work very well in daylight.
  • Options
    We're having our send off after the reception. We won't be staying the entire time because we'll need to be on the road headed for our honeymoon by noon (our wedding is going to be either at 10-10:30am).
    Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I was just going to post the same thing!  Thank you!
  • Options
    I've seen it done at both, but actually a big "send off" is being done less often now in our area.The church I work in doesn't allow things to be tossed:  birdseed draws birds to the sidewalk and is also slippery for guests.  Other thrown things are a PITA to have to clean up from our sidewalks.  (Besides, it's gross to pick birdseed out of your veil and cleavage.....)You can have bubbles at our church as long as it's outdoors.As for receptions,  the big snazzy "run to the car with the Just Married sign on the back" isn't really done all that much anymore.  Most couples just stay for the whole party, while many guests leave earlier.At both my son and DIL's wedding 3 yrs. ago, and DD's wedding last month, they were in the last group of people to leave their receptions.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards