Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Father of the Bride Tuxedo

Should father of the bride vest and tie match the groomsmen?  The groomsmen are wearing beige vests and ties but my dad owns his own tuxedo and I was thinking he would just wear a black bow tie. Is this ok? Is he supposed to match?

Re: Father of the Bride Tuxedo

• Options
    FOB and FOG are not part of the WP and don't have to match at all.  They don't even have to wear tuxes if they don't want to.Since your dad already owns his own tux, he can wear that.  You get to choose the attire of your WP, FI chooses the attire of his WP, and parents, as they have for many years, get to dress themselves.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    At my wedding the FOB and FOG wore traditional black and white tuxes while the GM wore black shirts with red vests.  Pics in bio.  It's really up to you but no, he doesn't have to match.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards