Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Something blue...

I would like to do the tradition of something old, new, borrowed, blue...and I have everything covered except the blue.Old...FI's family ringNew...my dressBorrow...cancan from a coworkerBlue..._________I was thinking about doing blue panties or something, but would that show through my dress?  You would think it wouldn't, but when I was getting fitted, I had black on and you could totally tell.  Would light blue be ok?  Any other ideas?  I am not doing a garter, so that doesn't work.  None of my jewelry has blue in it either.  What else is there?

Re: Something blue...

• I'm not sure I'd chance it, unless you'll have your dress a good bit of time before the ceremony, and will have an opportunity to try everything on before hand.  Lots of women put their initials on the sould of their shoes in these little blue rhinestones, but since my wedding was on a beach, and I wore barefoot sandals, I couldn't do that.  I found a really old handkerchief of my deceased mother's that had tiny blue flowers on it, and I put that in my little purse (I didn't carry flowers).  My daughter used the same hankie as her "something borrowed" when she married a few weeks ago. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • I did blue panties, but my dress was heavy and I wore a crinny, so nothing showed through.
  • A hair pain with a blue stone or flower blue shoes
  • I couldn't decide on BLUE either, and my friend who came early to help finish the decorations for the recpetion brought with her Ralph Lauren's perfume called "BLUE." It was really nice of her to do that, and it smelled great. I also wore a blue saphire bracelet. Here's a link to the perfume - it will have in it, and you will have to remove that to make the link work: http://www.amazon.com/RALPH-LAUREN-BLUE-Women-toilette/dp/B0002PRZRE
  • blue shoes, a blue signiture cocktail, your wedding date written in blue pen on bottoms of shoes, "light blue" parfume by d & g....
  • I agree with PPs. I wouldn't chance it if you could see black through your dress. You could try to find a pair of white undies with a small blue bow. You could also get your bridal shop to glue a couple of blue rhinestones to your veil in a nice fashion or get a hairpiece (tiara, comb, individual pin, whatever) that has some blue in it. It doesn't necessarily have to be on you all night either - another option is to talk to your florist about working blue into your bouquet with either blue flower(s) or a blue ribbon to hold it together. Nail polish is always an easy one though if nothing else comes up!
  • I had heard of the blue toenail polish, but thought it would be a little much since I'll be barefoot and you'll totally be able to see it. I decided to go with a french pedicure with blue and white. I just got it done last night and it's really cute!
  • I just told my friend, the BRIDE I would take care of her something blue; thanks for all of these ideas! I was just on the Tiffany's website looking for something. She has her earrings though. I have a little over a week to decide :-) I might see if I can convince her to do the blue nail polish on her toes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards