Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Gift for your Groom

Just wondering what you gave your Groom as a Wedding Gift?

What was your budget? Was a spending limit decided on before hand or did you just go for it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gift for your Groom

• Options
    No gifts for us either, we are getting married less than a month before our birthdays.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    We did gifts. No price stipulations. I got him the handgun he'd been pining over (he's a collector) and I got a diamond necklace from him.
  • Options
    We didn't really set a spending limit before hand. I got him a "voucher" that I made for a camping weekend at a national park which included things like a hike, a horseback riding tour, one dinner at the lodge, etc, and he bought me a Coach purse.
  • Options
    He got me a pearl and diamond necklace to wear during the ceremony (I helped pick it out).  I got him a watch and a really nice bottle of his favorite Scotch.

We didn't really discuss budget, but our finances were already combined at that point, and I helped him pick out the necklace, so I knew how much it cost.  I got him something that cost more or less the same amount (it wasn't exact, but within maybe $50). 
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I gave him a customized football jersey and he gave me a monogram necklace with my new initials.  We did discuss budget in advance - about $150 each.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    H and I exchanged letters the day before the wedding and read them when we woke up on our wedding day.  We had skipped our birthdays and christmas gifts the year before the wedding to help save money.  So we just kept that going since the honeymoon was essentially a really awesome gift to ourselves.

Also, my H had no idea that it was traditional to exchange gifts before the wedding and didn't know we were supposed to give our BP gifts either!  So if you want to do the gift exchange, I would casually bring it up with him.
  • Options
    I always think a little something is a nice gesture, even if simple.  There are a ton of options out there, personalizing always being a nice touch.  This site seems to have some interesting ideas.

http://www.groovygroomsmengifts.com/
  • Options
    Our wedding was financial worry and time consumption enough. Our gift to each other was not having to worry about it. It was such a relief not to have yet another detail with all that pressure to make it 'just perfect'.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I went to alphabetphotography.com and ordered a framed print of our last name to hang over our fireplace. It came out gorgeous, he loves it, and it was worth every penny. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We didn't exchange, but since we got married on his birthday, my gift to him was a boudoir book of pictures I had taken. He still looks through it occasionally, even 4 months later.
  • Options
    Nothing, and I never heard of it until i came to the knot. We are also the first to get married in our circle so didn't have much experience seeing what other people did wedding-wise either. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We didn't get each other a gift....I mean, the wedding was a huge thing and then we went on our HM the next morning....I couldn't imagine getting a present too!
  • Options
    I got him this giant bottle cap wall-hanging-thingy and another beer sign for his man cave.  He got me a necklace.  Our finances were pretty tight at that point, so we agreed to keep it under $50.
  • Options
    We ended up giving eachother gifts, but it was something we both decided to do on our own so we didn't discuss budget.  His gift to me was something he made and my gift to him was a piece of art.
  • Options
    I was going to give him something for the wedding, like cuff links (except he probably won't be wearing a suit, so I have to rethink).  I like the idea of giving something either helpful for the wedding day, or something for when we get home from the honeymoon. 

• Options
    Who had any money left after the wedding? We didn't have it in our budgets.
  • Options
    I will be doing a boidoir photo shoot and having an album made for my fiance. I have no idea what he will get me. The plan is we will not exchange until our honeymoon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards