Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Man of Honor?

I want a guy friend to be one of my "bridesmaids" but I don't want him to have to rent a tux. The groom and his groomsmen will all be in tuxes. Would it look totally crazy if my "bridesmaid" just wore a suit or a shirt and tie?

Re: Man of Honor?

• Options
    If all the guys are in tuxes except your bridesman, it might look like he's not really part of the wedding party....unless his suit or shirt/tie are the same color as the bridesmaids' dresses.  FYI, tux rentals usually aren't that expensive and can sometimes be less expensive than buying a shirt, tie, and dress pants, and definitely less costly than buying a suit.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    If all the guys are in tuxes, I think at the very least he should be in a nice black suit.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options

I think there are two good options:
    - go the tux route
    - put him in something that matches the bridesmaids, a matching tie or shirt or something...

Either would look nice :)

• Options
    I have bridesman in my wedding and we agreed that he would just wear a black shirt and pants and shoes with a tie that matches the bridesmaids dresses. He will also be wearing a boutineer (?). He loves that idea since he doesn't look forward to going tux hunting with the guys. LOL So pretty much just go with whatever he's comfortable with. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    I agree with either making him suck it up and rent a tux ( also all your bridesmaids are buying a dress, so why should he be treated specially and not required to wear anything special) or co-ordinating with the bridesmaids so that the party looks cohesive.

He might feel left out if he doesn't look like he's in the wedding party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards