Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Re: XP post removed

• If you are a practicing Catholic, you may need to get a dispensation for the type of ceremony you want to have.  If you do not get the dispensation, you will be out of grace with the Chruch and would not be allowed to receive Communion.  Since you are having an interfaith wedding, it is very possible for you to get the dispensation.  Having the older priest alone at your wedding to say a blessing will not be sufficient enough in the eyes of the Church to keep you in a state of grace.

I would recommend making an appointment with a priest at your parish to begin discussions on how you can have your ceremony be within Catholic rules.  I am sure he will be able to assist you.  And I'm sure he will also be able to assist you in selecting some readings to do during the ceremony.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_jewishcatholic-interfaith-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:26b48f14-03b2-4577-b34e-012d4101878fPost:e4cb3df9-85ee-4364-aba7-2e7008baed08">Re: Jewish/Catholic Interfaith Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jewish/Catholic Interfaith Ceremony : Hi,  Thanks. We already have the diapensations, have already met with a priest, and are already enrolled in pre-cana. I am a practicing Catholic and I am aware of the rules of the Catholic Church. This is not the advice I am asking for..... I am asking people for suggestions about torah and bible readings that are respectful of faiths and of traditions that are mutually agreeable such as the chuppah and the unity candle. <strong>Any advice that isn't about the rules of the Catholic church would be helpful.</strong>
    Posted by mauragreen[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that you knew what was needed for your wedding.  But there are way too many Catholics that have come onto this board to ask questions about how to have their outdoor Catholic wedding, why the Church won't allow them to process to Here Comes the Bride, or why their Church won't allow non-secular songs or readings.  So I wanted to make sure that you knew what needed to be done to keep in good standing with the Church.  So sorry you didn't like what I had to write.  But this is a public message board and anyone can write what they want.  I did and I will continue to do so without anyone telling me how to post.
  • Yeah ditto, do you make nasty comments to everyone who tries to be helpful to you?  I was going to post several suggestions until I saw the random rudeness.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• For the Jewish Weddings 
    Check out FOREVERCUBES
    Its the perfect Chuppah glass Keepsake 
    a Beautiful reminder of the very moment you became a pair!!
    Check out the facebook page for more information and feel free to call or email for any inquiries
    Forever Cubes will be the Best Investment from your wedding , its durable , sleek and made with expertise. No better way to Remember your Moment!!
  • For the Jewish Weddings 
    Check out FOREVERCUBES
    Its the perfect Chuppah glass Keepsake 
    a Beautiful reminder of the very moment you became a pair!!
    Check out the facebook page for more information and feel free to call or email for any inquiries
    Forever Cubes will be the Best Investment from your wedding , its durable , sleek and made with expertise. No better way to Remember your Moment!!
  • No vendors allowed.  Reported.

• ForeverCubes is the perfect way to remember the very moment you became a married couple. Go to www.forevercubes.com or check out the Facebook page for more information. Its the most memorable way to cherish the chuppah glass for life!!!
    !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards