Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Ashes, mother to two beautiful babies and soon to be wife to a handsome prince!
Ash and Chris' DIY wedding UPDATED 9/05
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: .

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I think a "commitment" ceremony for children who are
    #1:  4 and 2 years old
    #2:  your own biological children

is innappropriate for #1 because they are too young to understand or accept any kind of ceremonial vow.

Unneccesary for #2 because you have a legal and ethical responsibility already to be committed to children that you bring into this world.

Make them your FG and RB.  Let them wear adorable clothing.  Have a zillion pictures taken of you all together.  Dance with them at the reception.

Just leave them out of the ceremony.  That's for the two adults in the family.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • So should people who have kids after they're married have a commitment ceremony for them, too?  Are you not currently committed to your children?

I can sort of understand people who are blending families wanting to incorporate the kids in the ceremony, but I've really never understood when people want to do it for their own kids.  Besides, at 4 and 2 they have absolutely no way of understanding what is going on, so it's not like they're going to feel left out.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Geez.....and now she deleted.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards