Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Who to walk down the isle? Father-daughter dance?

This is my first post on this site; however, I have been reading and getting some great ideas so here we go!

I have a biological father and step father who are both very important to me each for very different reasons.  I am very close with both of them. 

I have come to the conclusion that I would like both to walk me down the isle.  But for the father daughter dance what are people doing in these situations?  It seems like all the weddings I have been to this scenerio has never been an issue!

Thank you so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who to walk down the isle? Father-daughter dance?

• I'm actually having the same issue, and I'm having both walk me down the isle one on each side, and I'm doing two father daughter dances, with my biological father going 1st.  This way they both get their moment with you.
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    You can dance with both your bio dad and step dad.  Spotlight dances are not very enjoyable for the guests, so just pick one song, start off dancing with one of them, and have the other one cut in halfway through and finish the dance with him.
  • Like you I have a dad and step-dad that are very important to me.  Both are walking me down the aisle but I'm having the father/daughter dance w/ my dad only.  To me it was important to give my dad something that he didn't have to share as he's shared his daughter's whole life with another person. (I've lived more than 1200 miles away from my dad practically my while life.)  While my step-dad and I are going to dance together it won't be the official father daughter dance.  I'm going to tell my photorapher about this so he can get a picture when I do dance w/ my step-dad.  It was very difficult to explain both things to my dad and step-dad.  But in the end it was what was important to me and they both understood.
  • Thank you all very much for your responses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing something similar and having one walk me halfway down the aisle, then switching off to the other up to the altar. Then for the father/daughter dance, we're using one song and they're just going to switch off throughout the song, kinda like a "tag-team" thing for dancing :) We figured then it would be fund and not as awkward as having two separate dances.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards