Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

NO Money Dance

My fiance's mother is fureous with me because I stood in protest of doing the money dance. I was a videographer for years and filmed nights where brides and grooms stand uncomfortably so someone can pin a 5 or a 10 to them and then dance (taking up like a half hour of their reception).  Although it may be for some...its realy not for me so I am trying to appease her by doing the italian wedding envelope tradition. I was thinking since they are so ittalian the family may like the idea....the best way for me to explain it is if you have ever seen the movie The Godfather... when they were handing pretty envelopes to the bride and the groom.... I would rather be less invasive and actually put something on the table explaining the custom and then have a pretty box to put them in so that guests dont feel pressure to do this if they dont want to.... I mean how many times have you felt uncomfortable presure like this before??

What do yall think of this idea, she is still upset with me but its not her wedding and I am not doing it... also does anyone know where I can find pretty cutout envelopes...something different?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards