Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Rehearsal Dinner Help

We won't have use of the venue for a rehearsal until the day of the wedding. I'm debating between doing a dinner the night before so that everyone can meet or having a lunch spread out after rehearsal the day of the ceremony so that we can eat & snack while we decorate. I just don't want people to feel that they have to help set up in order to eat but I want things to be as simple as possible for everyone involved. Any opinions?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Help

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    If we hadn't needed to rehearse b/c of the logistics of getting to the ceremony site (we had to be taken down in golf carts), we would have gladly skipped the rehearsal. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsal-dinner-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:58850233-9745-449e-a95d-34cf338a8749Post:6076cf37-a276-4ceb-8ba5-e6bab5d8e222">Rehearsal Dinner Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]We won't have use of the venue for a rehearsal until the day of the wedding. I'm debating between doing a dinner the night before so that everyone can meet or having a lunch spread out after rehearsal the day of the ceremony so that we can eat & snack while we decorate. I just don't want people to feel that they have to help set up in order to eat but I want things to be as simple as possible for everyone involved. Any opinions?
    Posted by htownladycat7725[/QUOTE]

Skip the rehearsal and dinner the night before. People don't need to "meet" beforehand.

If you want to have lunch available to your bridal party, have lunch. In my circle, it's generally expected that, as a bridesmaid, you spend the whole day of the wedding with the bride anyways.

You are absolutely correct in not making helping with set-up a requirement for the bridal party.</div>
  • I know alot of brides and grooms who skipped the rehearsal altogther.  I would definitely offer food to anyone who is helping decorate and set up.  Also, its nice to offer food to people during the day of the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had the same problem. We held the rehearsal at the restaurant right before dinner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like the option of having food available to the people helping you set up, because chances are they won't have time to go out & grab something during the day. I did it for my girls while we got dressed because then I know we had food in our stomach & wouldn't get cranky and also because we would be drinking on limo after ceremony. The guys went out for a nice big breakfast before the wedding and then we had sandwich trays on the limo bus afterwards. We got mini sandwiches where were easy to grab & take 3 bites of & be done (got them through local grocery store). They were a HUGE hit because everyone was hungry and it did help keep people from getting drunk too fast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards