Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Shower

I have been told to make a list for my maid of honor to invite to the bridal shower. Who do I invite? All friends/family on the wedding guest list? Please help!

Re: Shower

• Options
    Only invite those who are closest to you, and aside from immediate family and WP it should generally just be those who are in town (unless you know specific people would be upset not to receive an invitation).  You should also ask your MOH how many people she can accommodate - you don't want to invite 40 people if she was budgeting for 15.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Be sure to include your FMIL and any FSIL.  If grandmothers (his and yours) are alive, they should be included.

If you'll have more than one shower, you may want to divide your list up by family (all of those listed above should be invited to all showers unless it is a work shower or similar) or by who lives closest to which shower.

DD had a shower here hosted by her BM but will have one 3 hours from here hosted by friends of the groom's family.  Her BM are invited to attend both (attendance optional) but the guest list here was family & friends that live here.  The guest list for the other shower will be friends/family from that area.
  • Options
    I had a small shower recently.  About 25 were invited, and around 20 came.  I included Fi's mom, grannies, 2 aunts and SILs, and I had some family and about 6girlfriends, if that.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I think I have come up with a preliminary list. I have a large bridal party with seperate groups of friends, they have gotten together and decided to do one together with friends, family and church family. My fiances family lives 2 hours away and they are have a seperate shower on a different date.
  • Options
    Word of the wise, even if family is far away still send them an invite. My cousin got chewed out for not sending an invite for my shower to an aunt who lives 8 driving distance away and usually just travels to see the family twice a year. Another Aunt is planning to fly from FL to CO for another cousin's baby shower. But maybe my family's just weird...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards