Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Mother-Groom Dance?

So, we've all heard about the Father-Daughter Dance. Do you think there should be a Mother-Son dance? If so, when would be the best time (immediately after the Father-Daughter dance?)

Just wondering what some thoughts were.
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mother-Groom Dance?

• Options
    It is usually after the Father/Daughter dance.  It is very common.  And I think that should be the decision for your FI and his mother. It may not be that important to them. 
  • Options
    MH danced with his mom. They danced right after my father and I danced.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think we are going to do the Father-Daughter dance and the Mother-Son dance at the same time.  My dad doesn't particularly want to be the center of attention to having FI and his mom up that at the same time takes some of the pressure off him.  Also, I feel like it gets kind of boring for guests to watch the first dance, then the Father-Daughter, then the Mother-Son.  This way we get everyone else to the dance floor sooner.
  • Options
    I've been MOG.  And that chance to dance with my son was something I looked forward to for a long, long time.  It was a very touching moment for both of us.  I have never been to a wedding where there wasn't a mother-son dance.

At DD's wedding, my DH danced with our DD, and then her DH danced with his mom.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Where I'm from a Mother/Son dance is extremely common (My mom had one at her first wedding which was over 20 years ago).

We actually decided to do the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance at the same time. If you do that, just make sure you don't pick like "Daddy's Little Girl" for the song.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards