Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Sitting arrangements...

I am wondering how the sitting of the bridal party should go for the reception.
I have 5 bridesmaids including the maid of honor and my fiance has 5 also, including the best man.  4 of the 5 groomsmen have wives, and non of the bridesmaids do. I also want to have my parents and his parents at the table and i've heard that all spouses have to sit there too. I think if I have everybody there, we might have like a 20ppl table. Any ideas on who to sit where? Maybe have my parents his parents, maid of honor and best man? would that look good?

thanks!

Re: Sitting arrangements...

• Options
    I suggest sitting with your parents at one table and then having your wedding party sit with their spouses/dates at the tables right next to yours.  That's what we did and it worked out great.  We had the tables set up with the rest of the guest tables so we weren't on display, but still at the front of the room so everyone could see us. 

It really doesn't matter how it "looks", it's just about sitting with who you want to sit with and try not to make the wedding party be separated from their dates/spouses. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're most likely doing a sweetheart table.  That being said, the bridal party and their dates will be at one table.  Each of parents will be hosting a table as well.  We're using rounds that hold up to 8.  Logistically, this could be a nightmare.
  • Options
    Have a Sweetheart table for you and your FI.  Have your WP sit with whomever you'd seat them with if they were NOT WP, but guests at your wedding.  At DD's wedding, her BMs who were college friends sat at the college friends table.  Her BMs who were family sat at the cousins' table.

There's really no reason at all why your WP all HAS to sit at the same table.  Particularly if they aren't necessarily friends, but do have friends who are also guests.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    We did a sweetheart table, and it made things so much simpler.  If you don't want to go that route, I think you're better to sit with BM/MOH and their dates or parents.  As long as all of your guests are sitting with their dates and friends, everyone will be happy.
  • Options
    We had 3 BMs, 3 GMs, 1 RB in our WP. My parents are both divorced and re-married, DH's parents are divorced, but his dad re-married, his mom didn't. We never liked the idea of a head table to begin with, but we knew seating parents together wouldn't end well, and honestly most of our WP didn't normally associate with each other, so we thought seating them all together seemed a bit unfair. So.

We did a Sweetheart table for us (Which was really nice, it gave us a few minutes of privacy here and there), and then seated the BP and parents how they normally would have been seated at anything else:

My mom and step-dad were at a table with all of my siblings (Who included 2 BMs and 1 GM of the BP) and their dates.

My bio-dad and step-mom were at a table with bio-dad's family

DH's mom sat at a table with DH's sister (Who was a BM) and their family (Including our RB), his mom's family

DH's dad sat with his wife and the aunts and uncles from that part of the family.

Finally, DH's 2 friends (The Best Man and GM) and their S/Os where seated at the "friends" table..

Yes, that probably seemed "involved", but everybody was very happy with the arrangement, which is what was most important to us.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I also vote sweetheart table, that's what FI and I are doing. All of our married friends have suggested it because they said that was really the only time they had to breathe and talk to each other and it was precious time to them.

We're doing a sweetheart table, each set of parents is hosting their own table, and the bridal party will be dispersed to sit with their SO's and friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards