Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Too many dances?

My fiance and I have taken ballroom dancing lessons for almost the entire duration of our relationship.  We WANT to do a choreographed dance for our first dance and I think it's almost expected of us since everyone knows about our hobby!

My father told me today that for the father-daughter dance he wants to surprise people with some sort of choreography.  I LOVE this idea personally but that thought that some people would walk away feeling that two choreographed dances are too contrived and tacky upsets me greatly. 

Would you guys think it would be terrible to have two choreographed dances at the same wedding?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 8/9/11 EDD 4/11/12 M/C 8/20/11
BFP 10/13/12 EDD 6/18/13
PgAL and PAL always welcome and appreciated!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Too many dances?

• I don't think it would be horrible. Either way they are just standing watching a dance there is no reason it can't be choreographed.

• Personally, I'd rather watch choreographed dances than people standing there swaying back and forth. Plus, having a dance choreographed that you do together makes it more meaningful, this is your first dance as husband and wife, and the first dance with your father as a married woman, it should be something you remember for the rest of your life!  Do what makes you both happy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    144image 85image 17image
    RSVPs requested by May 8th.
    My Planning Bio
  • I don't mind coreographed dances at all - in fact I think they look pretty nice.  But coreographed or not, having a good DJ edit down all dance songs to about 3 minutes, MAYBE 3:30, does a world of good.
  • That's really sweet of your Dad. If it's important to him, you should do it.

• oh man, i agree with the other posts. Go for it. Watchign people sway side to side is pretty boring, so having 2 choregraphed dances is nice to watch and gets people interested and excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards