Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Wedding Songs

My FI and I decided on a wedding song that we love and suits us. I told my father that I'd love his input on a Father-Daughter dance, since I know he would enjoy it. He came up with a great great song but it's the same artist as our song!  Would it be totally bizare to have the same artist? We have a band, so maybe one song could be live and one from the DJ? It may not matter, but the artist is Sam Cooke, who was famous in the 50s, so it's not current music that more people may know.
Argh!

Re: Wedding Songs

• Options
    I doubt anyone will even notice.  If you're really that worried about it, do your dance with your FI first, then his dance with his mom (if you're doing one) and then your dance with your dad. 
  • Options
    Ditto on the not noticing or caring. I don't even know who Sam Cooke is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Since it's a band playing the song, I would be surprised if too many people noticed it was the same artist. Go for it!!!

• Options
    No one's going to notice. If we do parent dances, parent dance will be by same artist as our dance, but songs are so different I really doubt anyone will notice. And if they do notice, chances are they won't care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards