Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

can the father/daughter dance be at the same time as son/mother dance

im not that close with my father but we are getting closer plus i dont want everybody to just be watching the two of us dancing so would it be tacky or rude to have my fi and fmil to dance at the same time as long as we found a song that worked. my fi said its fine with him but what are your thoughts on the idea?

Re: can the father/daughter dance be at the same time as son/mother dance

• Options
    As long as your FI is ok with it, it's fine.  You'll just need to pick a song that works for both.  
  • Options
    I don't think I've seen that before, but I don't think it would be tacky.
    You could also do separate dances, but have the dj to tell everyone to join in halfway through.
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yes, it can be done.  I've gone to two weddings where they both happened at the same time.  It was sweet. :)
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I think it would be fine. Just make sure the dj announces it in some fun way so everyone knows and doesn't think they are just playing the same song twice.
  • Options
    Absolutely! My sister did this bc they didn't want to spend a ton of time on traditonal stuff.  They danced to It's a Wonderful World
  • Options
    I don't see a problem with it.  Not like your guests won't be able to tell who is who. I'm dancing with my mom as my father won't be there and Fi is dancing with his mom at the same time.  
  • Options
    I think its a great idea. For my father/daughter, son/mother dance, we invited other father/daughter and son/mother duos to join in. It was very special.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards