Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Who should I dance with?

Both my fiancé and I are without fathers.  His passed away a few years ago, and mine has never been a part of the picture.  Nor have I had any other kind of father figure.  Obviously, he will have a mother/son dance...I'm just wondering what I should do during this time and what other brides have done.  I know that some couples have just done a "parents" dance...I could dance with my mom I suppose, but might feel quite silly doing that.  I honestly wouldn't mind opting out of the dance completely, but I'm not sure if that's acceptable.  Input is greatly appreciated!

Re: Who should I dance with?

• Options
    Ditto stage.  At our son's wedding, my son and I had the mother/son dance.  My wonderful DIL's dad had passed away when she was young.  She danced with her brother, but would have just skipped it had she not danced with her brother.

At all weddings I've ever been to, the two dances are at separate times, so watch your new DH dance with his mom, and then move to whatever comes next at your reception.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, my FI and FMIL will dance and I will be happy to watch them. My dad passed away 4 years ago and I am just skipping a dance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards