Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

How to incorporate step-parents in wedding

Alright, I am extremely close with my father and will not take away his moment of giving me away at my wedding, but my step-father will also be helping with paying for the wedding. Now im not nearly as close with my step-father as I am my father but I feel the need to have my step-dad be a part of the wedding since he is helping pay for it.  How can I do this without it seeming like a slap in the face to my father?
Don't lose you, cause the best luck I had was you. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How to incorporate step-parents in wedding

• Include him on the invitation with your mother as a "parent" inviting people to your wedding.  That way it looks like he is also inviting people to come to your wedding.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with the previous post. Also you can have him be part of the ceremony where the officiant asks who is giving you away.
  • I am close with my father and step father. My father is walking my down the isle because I am his only daughter. When I get to the alter. Both my step father and father will give me away. My biological father deserves that moment where he walks me down.....sound good? lol
  • I have the same dilemma but so far I am only printing his name on the invitation. I'm not close enough to my step-father to have him walk me down the aisle, but I know that printing his name on the invitation will be greatly appreciated by him. The Knot has some great suggestions on how to print your invitations to include step-parents.
  • For our wedding...the biological dad will be walking me down the aisle.  We asked the step-dad to do the reading during the ceremony and he was excited that we asked.  So, that might be another idea, depending on how your ceremony is planned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards