Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Wedding Party!!

Okay I need comments on whether or not it is okay to have my wedding party the way it is...
My maid of honor will be my bestfriend
But my bridesmaid's are my concern.
1) My Aunt
2) My Stepmom (I consider her my real mother however)
3) Sister
4) Fiance's Mom (I have been close to her my whole life)

Is it totally unorthodox to have mainly family in the wedding party?

Re: Wedding Party!!

• Options
    Your WP can be whoever you want. You don't even have to have a WP if you don't wait, so. While it may be "less traditional" no one will think twice about it.
  • Options
    It's your wedding. It's nobody else's choice who is in your wedding party. Nobody would side-eye you having family. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Anyone you want can be in a wedding party.  There is no obligation to choose family members, specific family members, or no family members. 

Best wishes!
  • Options
    i actually think its nice you included family.  many opt for all friends.

if you ask around you will be SHOCKED at how many people 10 years out dont even speak to the friends that were in their WP.
  • Options
    What you're doing is totally acceptable but I have to ask, do the moms really want to be bridesmaids?  It seems kind of odd to me.  
  • Options
    Completely fine! You should have who you want next to you on this very important day of your life.
  • Options
    I think that's awesome and it'll be people who for sure will be in your life forever. Great memories.
  • Options
    I had my four siblings (two brothers and two sisters) stand up on my side. It was great! Friends come and go, but family is forever. I do wonder if your Stepmom and FI's mom would want to be bridesmaids, though, since being the MOB and MOG are already honoured roles.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_wedding-party-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:af54048b-2213-4653-8f9a-51bb10deb2a3Post:1c592e4c-f255-4b72-932e-bef166924d04">Wedding Party!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay I need comments on whether or not it is okay to have my wedding party the way it is... My maid of honor will be my bestfriend But my bridesmaid's are my concern. 1) My Aunt 2) My Stepmom (I consider her my real mother however) 3) Sister 4) Fiance's Mom (I have been close to her my whole life) Is it totally unorthodox to have mainly family in the wedding party?
    Posted by HopefulBride42[/QUOTE]

your wedding party should be who you want. you are better off becase like the PP said-a lot of people get married and end up not talking to their BM's
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm not really sure if this is the right board, I tried to search for the most appropriate one. I'm having a Catholic ceremony and with that comes the secondary sponsors (veil, cord, & candle) and was thinking that these 3 pairs would already be my BM and GM. I'm totally clueless but are they already 1 and the same? Or do I need to assign the BM as a specific role (just being a BM)? Any info would help. :) thank you in advance! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards