Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Who is included in the wedding party?

So, I've been talking about my wedding and have had more than expected number of people wanting to be a part of it in someway. I'm trying to figure out what "positions" are often used to include friends and family?

So far I have
  • The obvious: Maid of honor, bridesmaids, best man, groomsmen, flower girl, ring bearer
  • Personal attendant
  • scripture readers
  • gift taker/guestbook attendant
  • singer (if i have a good singer in the group)
  • piano player (ditto for above)
.. and thats it.. am I missing anything?

Thanks Smile

Re: Who is included in the wedding party?

• Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_included-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:b2088e60-28dc-446b-b59c-85b93d9fd45ePost:e01e5beb-281d-41fa-8dbb-dee0dbe1ea41">Re: Who is included in the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personal attendant = Bride's bitch.  Most people aren't too excited to be "honored" with that position. Same goes for the guestbook attendant, program hander outer, and gift taker.  Those are pity positions.  Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to add "who wasn't good enough to make the actual bridal party cut."

Personal attendant who wasn't good enough to make the actual bridal party cut.

Guestbook attendant who wasn't good enough to make the actual bridal party cut.

Program hander-outer who wasn't good enough to make the actual bridal party cut.

Gift table watcher who wasn't good enough to make the actual bridal party cut.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_included-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:b2088e60-28dc-446b-b59c-85b93d9fd45ePost:f4d808d0-3d4c-43b5-8401-28bffb0d2f2b">Who is included in the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I've been talking about my wedding and have had more than expected number of people wanting to be a part of it in someway. I'm trying to figure out what "positions" are often used to include friends and family? So far I have The obvious: Maid of honor, bridesmaids, best man, groomsmen, flower girl, ring bearer Personal attendant scripture readers gift taker/guestbook attendant singer (if i have a good singer in the group) piano player (ditto for above) .. and thats it.. am I missing anything? Thanks
    Posted by justlikeastar[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Is it necessary to have ushers?

I never even thought of that one... :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_included-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:b2088e60-28dc-446b-b59c-85b93d9fd45ePost:e1940065-3fa4-4795-89c7-da811c29a817">Re: Who is included in the wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it necessary to have ushers? I never even thought of that one... :(
    Posted by amaizenbluelady[/QUOTE]
    No, it's not.  Sometimes the groomsmen direct people to their seats, and sometimes people just seat themselves.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards