Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Bridal Shower

Who typically gets invited to a bridal shower?  Are all women who are invited to the wedding invited to the shower?   I have my female friends, relatives, and FIs female friends/relatives that I know.  There are several women on my FI's side that are invited to the wedding but I've never met.  I feel like it could be awkward since I've never met them and FI won't be there.  I know his mom will be there but I still think it could be a little awkward...

Also, the list would get very long and my mom has graciously taken on the task of planning/paying for the shower but I know she has limited funds since right now only my dad is working.  TIA!

Re: Bridal Shower

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_bridal-shower-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:cd2935be-db34-429a-8a8f-b5d50bff98ddPost:18fb3249-fbdd-45ef-8ddf-4f6cf08c4832">Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who typically gets invited to a bridal shower?  Are all women who are invited to the wedding invited to the shower?   I have my female friends, relatives, and FIs female friends/relatives that I know.  There are several women on my FI's side that are invited to the wedding but I've never met.  I feel like it could be awkward since I've never met them and FI won't be there.  I know his mom will be there but I still think it could be a little awkward...  Also, the list would get very long and my mom has graciously taken on the task of planning/paying for the shower but I know she has limited funds since right now only my dad is working.  TIA!
    Posted by lulu4150[/QUOTE]

Usually it's the closest friends, the bridal party and the mothers.  You can include the women on FI's side but only if they're close.  Not the out of towners though unless they are BP
  • Options

I like pp's suggestion.  It's not necessary to send shower invites to all the ladies who are invited to the wedding, but all the ladies who are invited to the shower should be on the guest list for the wedding.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    Ask your mom how many guests she'd be comfortable hosting and go from there.  

Showers should be limited to the bride's closest family and friends.  Every female invited to the wedding should absolutely not be invited to the shower, unless you are having a very small wedding and happen to be very close to everyone woman invited to the wedding.
  • Options
    There are some regions/circles where every woman invited to the wedding is invited to the shower.  That's not the norm in my region/circle.  As PP said, it's usually close friends/family.  Since your mom is hosting, you should ask her how many she's comfortable with and keep your guest list to that number or less.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards