Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

What to do with my brother?

My family is very close, and I am trying to find 'jobs' for my 2 siblings and my cousins that are close to me. One brother and cousin are taking care of the guestbook and two cousins are my bridesmaids.  My other brother is 18 and I just adore him. He's can be very serious and he's quiet. I asked my FI if he would include him with his groomsmen, but he just wants his three brothers as his groomsmen and thinks it would be 'weird' to add my brother. We are getting married in an LDS temple, so there aren't any 'jobs' to do during the ceremony.  I want him to be an important part of the wedding, I don't want to leave him out, he may do the music, but I feel that's like pushing him into a corner. I thought about putting him on my side of the bridal party but I didn't think it would mean the same thing for my brother as it means for me, any ideas?

Re: What to do with my brother?

• Isn't an LDS temple quite small and intimate anyway? I'm sure it is wonderful for him to attend. I wouldn't try to find "jobs" for everyone - jobs are WORK, and you want people to enjoy as guests, right?
  • What about being an usher?  Are you having ushers? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • While have no idea how to include him in a temple marriage ceremony, I imagine just being there while you're sealed to your husband will be incredibly special for him. That's really the most important part.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions. :) We aren't having ushers and he can't go inside yet either :/  You're right about wanting everyone to enjoy the day instead of working. I guess I just didn't want him to get lost in the shuffle and feel left out. I know it's my day, but no one likes to feel left out :)
  • myh brothers arent in the party but im going to have them do readings
    Anniversary
  • I completely agree with you on not having anyone left out. I'm very close to my family as well so I'm having both of my brothers walk my mother down the aisle.
  • My younger brother isn't in the WP either. I didn't want to leave him out so he's going to walk my mom down the aisle.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards