Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Cake for WC and photographer?

Hello everyone,
Is it customary to give a slice of cake to the professionals that have helped?

Re: Cake for WC and photographer?

• Options
    I don't see why not. It's a piece of cake.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    We did, and H is usually offered a piece of cake at weddings he shoots, so it seems fairly standard.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    Umm, sure.
    I think its actually customary to feed them as well.. at least the photographer.
  • Options
    We're doing an in-suite reception for our only 6 guests at the Wynn in Vegas. I asked the WC to come up with menu options for 8 only ... should I tell her the total is10 and welcome her and the photographer to eat with us as well?

thank you for your help :-)
  • Options
    Hmm, I don't know if I would have them eat with you if its something that intimate.
    (unless they are good friends or something) But I would say to provide them with a meal.
  • Options
    I would at least make an offer.  It is cake afterall and more than likely, you'll have a ton left over. 
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I would have some cake for thr photographer, especially if s/he is shooting during the reception, but not the coordinator.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You should feed any vendors who are there when your guests are having food.  You don't have to serve them alcohol, and they don't have to eat with your guests, but they should get the same food, unless they request otherwise.
  • Options
    Actually - if the meal is really expensive, they don't even have to have the same meal.  Just as long as it's tasty and filling.  Why not serve them cake?  If it's just that few people, you may want to discuss it with your WC.  She's there for a reason and it's not just to give advice on colors or the best price on flowers.  She should know customs and traditions as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards