Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Timeline on RSVP

On the invitation how much time should I give them to RSVP before the wedding?

Re: Timeline on RSVP

• On the Invitation how much time should I give them to RSVP, before the wedding date?
  • Find out when your venue/caterer needs a final count. Ours needs the finsl count two weeks before the wedding, so our RSVP date will be 3 weeks before the wedding so we have a week to call anyone who hasn't RSVPd
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's usually 2-4 weeks before the wedding.  Check with your vendors about when they need final head counts and back up a few days from there.
  • Ours was today, 1 month before the wedding. We have to tell the venue 2 weeks before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There is the option of not giving your guests a timeline at all.  We chose that option.  It worked out just fine.  We only had to make a handful of phone calls, no more than other couples who've included a date for replies.
  • [QUOTE]There is the option of not giving your guests a timeline at all.  We chose that option.  It worked out just fine.  We only had to make a handful of phone calls, no more than other couples who've included a date for replies.
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

I am not such a fan of this idea.  I would only ever consider this if you are having a smaller wedding.  You don't want to invite 300 people and then end up having to track down the phone number for and calling 75 housholds at the last minute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Definitely ask your reception site when they need a final headcount; our venue wanted to know about 2 weeks before the wedding, so we set our RSVP deadline two weeks before that.
    Anniversary

• We did a month before. The block of hotel was only discounted if they reserved by then, so we added a helpful reminder. (I also sent out invites 3 months ahead of time, so plenty of time for people to make sure work, travel, lodging, etc were set up for that weekend)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours is about 1 month before the wedding.  The caterer needs a final count 2 weeks before and that gives us 2 weeks to call those we have not heard from. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • We set ours up for 5 weeks before because we are sending them out 3 months before the wedding. That way we dont have to stress about calling people to make sure we have the final head count for the hall
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our caterer needs our final count 2 weeks before the wedding. So we set our RSVP date for 3 weeks before the wedding, giving us an extra week to contact anyone we haven't heard from, & for RSVP's still straggling in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We need to give the caterers a head count 2 weeks before the wedding, so we made the RSVP date a month before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards