Texas-San Antonio
Options

Our board is dying!!!!

Lately our board has been pretty inactive!  What are you ladies up to?  Any fun polls?  Any frustrations or big checks?   Any newbies out there?

I personally can't believe I'm getting married in 10 days!!!!!!! I have been planning for a year, but I still have a couple loose ends to tie up...and it doesn't feel quite real yet!

How are you all doing??

Re: Our board is dying!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I know, I can't believe how slow it's been on here lately! I guess all the newly married ladies headed off for the Nest or something.

How are you doing? Are you all ready for the big day? Had any freak out moments yet or have you been staying relatively sane? I've been stalking the weather websites and it keeps changing. One time I look and it says like 62 and sunny, a few hours later it's 55 and cloudy, and now it's forecasting 50 and drizzling. As much as I really want to have my outdoor wedding, I'd get over it if we had to move indoors. The thing that is killing me right now is just the uncertainty of it!  I think I have all of the major stuff ready except for the ceremony. That's my only big stressor right now.  I did have a little spaz moment the other day when I looked at my countdown and it said 12 days, and I was like...but the 2 week mark isn't until next weekend.....and then it hit me that we already had the 2 week mark the weekend before, haha. Time has been flying by.  Hope your planning has been going well and good luck getting everything done these next 10 days!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Linzlars!  I have had a few moments of stress - like when my placecards arrived yesterday and they are 81/2x11 instead of small, regular sized placecards!  I reordered online and they are supposed to arrive by Friday.  Also, there seems to be so many tiny things to do - remembering to write checks to the right people on time, wrapping BM gifts, finishing thank yous, etc...

I have also been weather-stalking!  It's such a stretch that their predictions will be on target, but I did get a little sad when I saw that they are expecting rain on Friday - the night of my RD on the Riverwalk.  It never rains in San Antonio!  Why now? hehe...Anyway, I'm trying to stay calm, but I do have to admit that last minute coordination is frustrating.  I can't wait till the actual day comes and I can soak it all up! 

GL to you and keep me up to date with your planning!  I hate to see the SA board so quiet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahahah..maybe it's because of the new way the knot website is set up.
    After a crazy semester of getting ready for graduation next Friday, house hunting, and then our American Staffordshire misbehaving the wedding was the last thing on my mind.

But I got on ball and started calling around for caterers yesterday. We have an appt. with Rene Fernandez of Azuca World Cuisine the day after graduation.

rmfriedman, can't wait to see your wedding pics!!!
  • Options
    novio2010novio2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello everyone!  Yes, Rachel our board is dying.  I have feeling it has something to do with the new website.  I personally do not like it!  I'm so excited for you.  I can't wait to see pics. I'm sure it will all turn out just as beautiful as you. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding is so close! How exciting! I'm sure you're going to look amazing and your event will be unforgettable. Ideally, I would've wanted to have my reception at the McNay but had to pick a different venue :(

Sadly, I admit, I ventured off into the national boards. Knotties elsewhere are for the most part rude and just plain mean-nothing like the ladies over here on our board. I was thinking about flooding the board with posts, but decided that would just look like I wanted attention...haha

I've been finishing up my first semester in a masters program, so I've pretty much put my planning on hold. I did, however, pick up my dress this past sunday so it's tempting to just have it hanging up in my room-I just want to put it on already! haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys are so sweet.  I'm glad you all are still out there! 
    xoxo!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe they messed up your placecards like that! At least you're able to get new ones in time. I also can't believe how many details go into a wedding, haha. We actually just found that the two events that were going to be at my venue on the Saturday got cancelled, so now we can go in that day to decorate. My mom is beyond thrilled. We would've been able to get it done Sunday morning, but it would have been stressful. Plus we were worried about what happens if we forget something the day of? My parent's house is close, but that still eats up time. Now whatever we forget on Saturday we can just bring on Sunday.

Now it's calling for rain on both of our days! So frustrating! And I'm trying to figure out how cold is too cold to make our guests sit outside. I can't believe San Antonio chose this year to have one of the coldest winters in the a long time. Cold fronts go away please!

I wanted to ask you also.... what are you doing for your bachelorette party? My sister is trying to figure out where to go for mine (I think she's thinking downtown) so I was wondering if you knew of any good spots. The only thing is it has to allow under 21 year olds since my sister is actually only 20.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Linzlars - my MOH is planning the whole bachelorette so I'm not privy to all of the details, but I do know some things.  We are going on Thursday night (so we have time to recover :)) and we will primarily be downtown.  We are going to stay at the Drury Plaza on the RIverwalk - eat somewhere on the Riverwalk and then bar hop in various locations downtown, on the Riverwalk, in the St. Mary's area, etc...I really don't know where, but I can give you my MOH's email address if you need it - email me first at rmfriedman@gmail.com and I'll pass it along to her.  My cousin (who is a BM) is also 20, which is a huge bummer.  I think my MOH looked around and only found a small number of bars that would allow her in.  I think what we're going to do is hang out with her at the hotel and restaurant, but when we go out, she's going to stay in. 

GL with everything!! I can't wait to recap with you in January!
  • Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm here too!!! Yes, the board was dying and it looks like things have picked up a little bit. The Nest has sucked me in with it's plethora of topics...the local board there is completely dead as well.
    Photobucket image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards