Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

FOB/MOB Wedding Hankie

I am looking for the Father of the Bride & Mother of the Bride wedding day hankies, but I want to sew/embroider it myself and I can't seem to find a pattern out there.
All I can find is to order  it already done and personalized.

Anyone know where I could find these?

Re: FOB/MOB Wedding Hankie

• Options
    You might just have to copy it from the picture...they have these awesome pens called Frixion pens that you can write on fabric then when you iron it, the ink disappears. But my suggestion is DIY, and copy the picture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    I'm doing the same thing but also for my bridesmaids, groom and future MIL....I don't know what you plan to put on them but for me, I googled wedding hankies to get ideas for quotes then I just typed what I wanted on the computer in pretty script, printed it, then I have fabric markers (if you do embroidery you know what these are, they are blue and available at any fabric or craft store) and laid the fabric over the paper and copied it.  I am slowly making progress...though I bit off a bit more than I can chew and had to simplify some.  My bridesmaids have their initial and on the opposite end have J + H and the date of our wedding and I will include a poem on paper with them thanking them for being there.  My future MIL says "Thank you for raising your son to be the man of my dreams", my MOB will say "To dry your tears as you have always dried mine" and my FOB will say "even though you give me away today, I'll always be your little girl"  I also did one for my flower girl with her initial on it and I am including a really cool poem I found online with it that reads "Someday you'll remember back upon this wedding day, a memory of your childhood that will with you always stay.  To help you keep this memory hold this hanky in your hand, as you walk down the aisle like a princess, oh so grand! For someday in the future you too will be a bride, excitement all around you, bridesmaids by your side.  Then you'll need this hanky to wipe your joyous tears, the hanky you've kept tucked away for all these many years.  Good luck it will bring you as the "something" you call old, many years from now when you wear a band of gold."
    All of them have our initials and the date on the bottom.  I checked with fabric stores prior and kept getting looks like I was crazy because a lot of them had no clue what I was doing and didn't even carry hankies (I was shocked)...so that's when I took it into my hands and did it all myself, I even got the blank hankies online since I couldn't find them at stores.  Good luck and hope this helps!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_fobmob-wedding-hankie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:e0ff6085-f5a8-42e1-b605-19ee50a311bfPost:9165838a-00cf-44f3-aea6-d12f7f92f221">Re: FOB/MOB Wedding Hankie</a>:
    [QUOTE]= I also did one for my flower girl with her initial on it and I am including a really cool poem I found online with it that reads "Someday you'll remember back upon this wedding day, a memory of your childhood that will with you always stay.  To help you keep this memory hold this hanky in your hand, as you walk down the aisle like a princess, oh so grand! For someday in the future you too will be a bride, excitement all around you, bridesmaids by your side.  Then you'll need this hanky to wipe your joyous tears, the hanky you've kept tucked away for all these many years.  Good luck it will bring you as the "something" you call old, many years from now when you wear a band of gold." All of them have our initials and the date on the bottom.  Posted by fairytale15[/QUOTE]

I am obsessed with this poem!  Can't wait to give it to my flower girls!  Thanks!!
  • Options
    You can try Li'l Inspirations http://www.lil-inspirations.com  They have a large selection of hankies.  They will personalize them for you, but you can also purchase them plain.  Good luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I got my hankies on embroiderthis.com  They came really quickly and I was happy with the quality.  I'm actually going to a friend's tonight to get some lessons.  I'm doing them for my mom and dad and my future in laws.  Although I'm still not sure what I'm putting on my FFIL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards