Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Surprises for the Groom?

I am wanting to surprise my groom with a unique picture from my upcoming bridal portraits. Only problem, I can't think of anything. He is so well-rounded but I can't come up with anything.  He loves the steelers but I already have a surprise lined up for that. He is a coach so I thought of maybe posing on a soccer field with a goal in the background in my cleats and a ball? But I don't know how he would feel about that. I want something personal and geared towards him. Has anyone does this? If so, what did you do.. I just need some ideas.. maybe something will click?

What other ideas are out there for surprising the love of your life on that special day? I want him to feel pampered too
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Surprises for the Groom?

• Have you thought about doing a boudoir picture session? I did a pin-up style book for H and he loved it.
  • I surprised him with something along those lines for Vday.. I thought of maybe doing them again but I don't know... he loved them the first time but I was thinking of something that everyone can see.  My friend got married this weekend and she surprised her man with a photo of her in her wedding dress on his big bobcat construction machine. everyone loved it.

Im also sending letters to his favorite Steelers players and asking to send him a congrats/words of wisdom letter and giving those to him while he is getting ready with his gifts..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_surprises-for-the-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:e14308ef-9e1a-4929-94c5-a17ec391b278Post:62adc6a7-ec71-4a04-b34f-011050e08f53">Re: Surprises for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you thought about doing a boudoir picture session? I did a pin-up style book for H and he loved it.
    Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]

This.  You could wear his jersey, with nothing else on, and a pair of high knee socks like players wear :)

• I, personally, am not one for giving pictures of myself to people as gifts so I surprised my groom with a cinnabon on the wedding day...he enjoyed every bite, said it gave him something to eat and took his mind off of his nerves.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I'm making a tiny batch of alcoholic gummie bears to send home with FI after the RD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I left a card for my husband to open on the day of the wedding.  We didn't even really consider "gifts" because we considered the rings and the rest of our lives to be pretty good, as far as presents, go.

Then he wrote me a song and gave it to me on a CD when we got back to the hotel after the reception.  Yeah.  I gave him a card.  He wrote me a song.  I lose:-P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_surprises-for-the-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:e14308ef-9e1a-4929-94c5-a17ec391b278Post:b450ba81-3560-47a0-93a0-89cc4a176088">Re: Surprises for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Im also sending letters to his favorite Steelers players and asking to send him a congrats/words of wisdom letter and giving those to him while he is getting ready with his gifts..
    Posted by blondek13[/QUOTE]

OMG, could you PM me the info for doing this?  FI is a HUGE Steelers fan too and I'd love to have this kind of surprise for him. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_surprises-for-the-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:e14308ef-9e1a-4929-94c5-a17ec391b278Post:5d062a9f-60cf-4e35-a0fe-1db1921b382d">Re: Surprises for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I, personally, am not one for giving pictures of myself to people as gifts so I surprised my groom with a cinnabon on the wedding day...he enjoyed every bite, said it gave him something to eat and took his mind off of his nerves.
    Posted by TiffannieF[/QUOTE]

CINNABON??!! Lady, you absolutely rock! And I hope you dont mind if I totally steal your idea :).  We stopped at cinnabon when we went to go register for the first time, so that's sentimental and will give him a little sugar boost, and he loves them! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • I have had a silver keychain engraved that says my grooms name, then "my friend, my husband" and our wedding date.  I am planning on giving it to him in the limo from the church to the reception.  It's something small and simple, that he can keep forever and carry with him without looking less "manly"  Just an idea.
  • kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    I was going to suggest a picture in a steelers jersey, and nothing else too ;)

Does he like fast/expensive cars? My FI loves cars. I would suggest posing in your wedding gown on the hood of an expensive car. Either if you know someone who has one, or maybe if you go to a dealership and ask nicely they would let you? haha. Now that I think about it, my FI would definitely frame that in his office. But I am not doing bridal portraits before hand.

What other things is he interested in? I don't have any ideas that involve soccer... Unless you stand on the field topless holding one or two soccer balls to cover up. I mean if you are covered you can show everyone, but it depends on your embarrassment factor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well since he's a Steeler's fan how about you in Cincinnati Bengals jersey??  That would be quite the surprise I bet, though maybe not the kind you're looking for.
    Who-Dey!

ps   why are Steelers fans so mean??
  • bnu220bnu220 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_surprises-for-the-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:e14308ef-9e1a-4929-94c5-a17ec391b278Post:eda77023-747f-47b1-810d-dd8a844a5f73">Surprises for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am wanting to surprise my groom with a unique picture from my upcoming bridal portraits. Only problem, I can't think of anything. He is so well-rounded but I can't come up with anything.  He loves the steelers but I already have a surprise lined up for that. He is a coach so I thought of maybe posing on a soccer field with a goal in the background in my cleats and a ball? But I don't know how he would feel about that. I want something personal and geared towards him. Has anyone does this? If so, what did you do.. I just need some ideas.. maybe something will click? What other ideas are out there for surprising the love of your life on that special day? I want him to feel pampered too
    Posted by blondek13[/QUOTE]

<div>Could you PLEASE tell me how you accomplished this??? What a great idea!!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards