Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

How to wear a veil??

First post!!! Smile

I'm choosing to wear a veil and I already bought one! However, Is there a certain way to wear it? I see alot of brides that have it over their face walking into the ceremony. But I dont like that, I never did. I have a strapless dress and I'm wearing all of my hair up and with a tiara. Can I just pin it under my bun and just wear down?
How does this work?? Someone help me!!

Thanks so much 

Can I wear it just like this walking into the ceremony? & not over my face...
Photobucket

Re: How to wear a veil??

• You can wear your veil however you want.  I didn't want mine over my face but I don't like the  look of veils under the hair so I wore it over my updo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm with you, I don't like the veil over the face.  I wanted to clearly see my whole wedding!!

Nobody is going to throw a fit if you don't wear it over your face....I thought my grandmothers might, but it was A-OK (not that it was really up to them, anyway).

You'll look beautiful!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_how-to-wear-a-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:e38a067b-a10d-4f55-b71b-6427ab59d2faPost:b91bccae-0abb-429d-bb37-6d5ec3a631e5">Re: How to wear a veil??</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can wear your veil however you want.  I didn't want mine over my face but I don't like the  look of veils under the hair so I wore it over my updo.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Agreed, don't care for under the bun/hair at all. to me, it looks like your bun threw up veil.  But lots of brides do under the bun, there's nothing wrong with that or not covering for face
  • Wear it however you want!  I don't think I've ever even been to a wedding where the bride wore a blusher.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards