Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

What does the ringbearer do with the rings if there is no best man?

I know this sounds dumb but in all the weddings I have attended I never really paid attention to this detail. We are having a very small wedding. The only people in the wedding are my finance and I, my three teenage boys will be walking me down the aisle, and his son will be the ring bearer. I thought this was a great way to include them without over involving them and making them uncomfortable. Anyway, the ringbearer will have the actual rings(tied to the pillow of course). Does he hold on to them until the time comes? Does he give them to one of us? the minister? Can someone help me out please?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What does the ringbearer do with the rings if there is no best man?

• Options
    If everyone is comfortable with him holding onto the rings until it's time for the ring exchange, he can keep them.  If you don't want him having them that long, then the minister or the groom can take them at the end of the processional and hold onto them until the exchange.  Or he can have fake rings on the pillow, and the groom and/or minister can have the real rings the whole time, since ring bearers generally carry fakes anyway.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Our RB was only 4 and he had the real rings. He presented them to our priest for the exchange.
  • Options
    He is 8 years old. I think he will do fine with the real rings. I do think I will have him sit down until the time comes because he does get a little shy if he thinks everyone is watching him. Thanks for all the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our RB had the real rings even though we had a best man as well. He carried the rings down the aisle tied to his pillow and held them until it was time for the ring exchange. DH untied the rings when it was time for it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_ringbearer-rings-there-man?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:e7eedb61-7e43-41ca-a500-dcaee13aabf1Post:7cfaf434-fa03-4163-9e13-1add90cb6554">Re: What does the ringbearer do with the rings if there is no best man?</a>:
    [QUOTE]He is 8 years old. I think he will do fine with the real rings. I do think I will <strong>have him sit down until the time comes</strong> because he does get a little shy if he thinks everyone is watching him. Thanks for all the advice!
    Posted by fluterby2006[/QUOTE]

i think thats the best idea since you trust his w/ the real rings.

our RB was our dog so he couldn't have the rings, our MOH and BM held onto them.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards