Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

duties/roles other than wedding party

I need to know of any other duties/roles in the wedding other than like wedding party people. other than the obvious like photographer. I need to know other things so that way i can incorporate more family. PLEASE HELP!

Re: duties/roles other than wedding party

• Options
    I am having my 2 step sisters hand out bubbles after the ceremony. And you might need someone to take your flowers or unity candles, guest book from the ceremony to the reception depending on if you have those things.
  • Options
    Being a guest at a wedding is an honor.  Other things:  guest book attendant, program passer outer, cake cutter, punch pourer, personal attendant, hostess, flower carrier, gift table attendant, are all useless and lame jobs.  Don't make your friends and family do this.  Let them enjoy the party.

Really, the only other "jobs" beyond member of the WP are for the ceremony only:  reader, musician, and if there's a religious component~bringing up the gifts for communion or holding the chuppa poles.

Don't create made up "jobs" to try to include people.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Ditto Trix.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    Thritto Trix.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    thritto.  That's funny.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I don't think the OP was trying to "make up jobs".  But program passers can be uncles or aunts who want to help for instance.  I have had many family members ask if I need help at the ceremony, and name things they could do.  She could have been just trying to think of another way to include a family member that didn't come to mind right away.
  • Options
    thx for the advice
  • Options
    I know people say this is rude... but seriously every one of my friends is so excited to help me in whatever way and has been offering ways to help left and right. So I have plenty of helpers. A couple of my friends are going to help decorate the venue while I get ready, and they are also going to set up my snack mix bar for my cocktail hour (they can set it up before the ceremony because its just peanuts, pretzels, etc.). Also, FI's niece and nephew are going to be Jr. Bridesmaid and Jr. Groomsman (they are too old for FG and RB), so their parents, FI's sister and brother in law, want to help in any way they can, too, especially since they have to take the kids there early anyway. So they are going to be greeting guests as they arrive, handing out programs, directing people to the guest book, place card, and gift tables, directing guests to the water station and bathroom, etc. They were really excited when we started talking about it. 

So, I wouldn't employ everyone you know, but if there is someone who says, "ooh ooh what can I do?" I say give them a fun job. But I wouldn't go around asking people "Wanna do this for me?"
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Program Attendants
    Readers
    Assistant to the Bride (fluffing dress before going down the aisle, etc).
    Master of Ceremonies (announcing bridal party at reception)
    Prayer before Reception
    Ceremony Mistress (helping get everyone in order and down the aisle)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards