Luxury Weddings

Welcome to the board!

Welcome to the luxury weddings board. We understand that all weddings are not planned on a budget. Chat about luxury weddings here.

KA
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Welcome to the board!

• What do you consider a luxury wedding?

$50,000 in Kansas City is quite different from $50,000 in NYC.

Can you give a guide here?

tia
  • needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_welcome-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:ff208cc0-0a7f-49f8-b349-e773fca348a6Post:eaa57497-c4c1-4d39-8b95-5c3fe8483b1e">Re: Welcome to the board!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you consider a luxury wedding? <font color="#800080"><strong>$50,000 in Kansas City is quite different from $50,000 in NYC.</strong></font> Can you give a guide here? tia
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]

<font color="#800080"><strong>This</strong></font>...is an incredible difference.  My own is Philadelphia, PA -VS- Portland, OR.

My reception, food alone, will be approximately $15,000 to $20,000 without a cocktail/liquor being served (Philly).  But prices I have reviewed in Portland are atleast 2/3 less (linens, centerpieces, coordination, liquor, etc. incl.) and the brides there are complaining about the cost!!!

I think a luxury wedding is having what you want; not necessarily the cost of it.  Now, for people with a black American Express Card, they are probably not on this blog. 
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • I find this board very interesting. I am getting married for a second time, but posted on here VERY frequently when I planned my first wedding. I would have considered my first wedding to be a "luxury wedding" or at least when I spoke of my budget back then, it seemed to be higher than what most people were spending. I got flamed almost daily, but I really wanted to share the details of my wedding to not only be a part of the boards, but also in the hopes that there were other brides out there that would benefit from my inputs (or vice versa!) My second wedding could possibly be considered a luxury wedding in that we're choosing a high end destination, but we're not inviting anyone but the two of us, so that won't let costs get out of control :) So, I hope this board takes off and I also hope people can share openly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards