Wedding Party
Options

wedding party Drama

We are 4mths away from our wedding and my fiance has told his guys about the cost of the Tux rental which is $160. now all but one of the guys are giving my fiance crap even his brother who is suppose to be is best man. He told me he is going to try to fix it but I am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut what should I do?

Re: wedding party Drama

• Options
    Nothing.  This isn't your issue and not about you, so do nothing.

It is wrong to tell people to pay for an outfit without getting their input, and it sounds like that's what happened.  If money is an issue, either he decides not to participate or, and this is what I recommend, pay the difference between the cost and what he can afford.

There is no reason to order or pay for tuxes this far in advance.  None.  Rentals can be done just about anywhere up to two weeks before the wedding.  Relax.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Ditto BB.  Did your FI ask the GM about the cost of the tux that they can afford?

The solution for you is to do nothing.  But your FI should apolgize for not asking them (if he didn't) and then you two shoud pay for the difference (what they agree to pay and what remains) if you insist that they wear those tuxes.

And there's no reason to order them now.
  • Options
    Ask the guys what they CAN afford, then look around for another solution ... either a cheaper tux rental, or let them wear black suits that they already own.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Well, I'm afraid I'm just going to echo what the others have told you.  Stay out of it.

There were a couple of mistakes made here:

#1:  Your FI apparently chose attire without first confirming the budgets of his guys.

#2:  He's implying that they have to order far earlier than they actually need to.

BUT:  he said he'd take care of it.  So let him.  Not your problem.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Thank you all that makes feel better and a little less worried

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-drama-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:01fd7fe9-247c-49b6-8e76-e6e42ad25fe2Post:aa3c069e-ab4f-42a5-ab97-1a2c2021009d">wedding party Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are 4mths away from our wedding and my fiance has told his guys about the cost of the Tux rental which is $160. now all but one of the guys are giving my fiance crap even his brother who is suppose to be is best man. He told me he is going to try to fix it but I am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut what should I do?
    Posted by cottone09[/QUOTE]
    Ditto to the other ladies. You do nothing, your FI needs to either A. pay the difference  or B. find a more affordable place to rent tuxes since he did not ask what his GM budgets were.
  • Options
    Not your problem.  No reason to order them early and your FI needs to ask his guys how much they can afford.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards