Texas-San Antonio
Options

Gonna be featured in San Antonio Weddings Mag

Hey fellow Knotties!Chris and I will be featured in the July 2010 issue of San Antonio Weddings magazine. Not sure what this entails as we just found out. Do any of you all know anyone who was featured and what it was like?Also, we're having a problem finding a reception venue. We both want our venue to have a romantic, colonial Spanish feel to it. We have about 130-150 guests and want to be able to have the freedom to choose our own caterer. Please let me know if ya'll have any ideas!

Re: Gonna be featured in San Antonio Weddings Mag

• Options
    marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Southwest School of Art & Craft. It's absolutely beautiful...romantic and has a bit of Spanish feel too. As for caterers, I think they give you a list of approved caterers but I'm sure you could find one that you would be happy with. Good luck!
  • Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Craft Center and it is beautiful there! You do have to work off of a list of caterers that they give you, but the rental for the location is really reasonable. The main downside is that you have to book very far out to get the place. I booked it at a year and 4 months, I believe. ~Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can rent the Spanish Governer's Mansion. I'm not sure how many it holds though...Out of sheer curiosity, how did they select your wedding to feature if you (and they) don't know what you are doing yet. I always thought the picked weddings after at least some or all the things are planned so the editors know what they are getting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They were asking couples to submit their engagement/love stories and we submitted ours. We were informed last week that we would be featured in the July 2010 issue. Not sure what that entails yet. So far they asked for our engagement photos and to inform them of our venue selections down the road.
  • Options
    jdv7700jdv7700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey sarah, i see you are having your wedding at san fernando and i have been trying to contact them forever with no luck....if you don't mind, could you tell me how much they are charging you to have your ceremony there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards